+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: reading contacts from sim

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
hi, i just unlocked my iphone today and im also a current ATT subscriber with contacts on my sim. how do i get the iphone to read those contacts? is
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default reading contacts from sim
    hi,

i just unlocked my iphone today and im also a current ATT subscriber with contacts on my sim. how do i get the iphone to read those contacts? is there a way to transfer my contacts from the sim to the iphone? seems like the iphone stores all its contacts only on the phone.

TIA

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

if you have another phone, put the sim in there and you can see the contact on it.

then sync with your mac (i assume you have a mac), using iSync. Now that all your contacts are on your mac in address book, they will copy across to your iPhone next time you plug it in!

I know it sounds complicated, but it actually makes sense, as sims only have small memories and complicate contact management (storing things in 2 different places).

If you are on a PC, see if you can sync your old phone with it, anything in outlook or address book can be automatically put on the iphone.

If you can't manage this, it is a manual copy I'm afraid!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default man that was easy
    Dude, thank you so much for the info!
    I had my Blackberry Pearl for about a year, and i had never linked it with my comp, other then putting music and videos on it.
    I linked it to my mac with blue tooth, downloaded all my contacts, then plugged in my iPhone, and it only took seconds!
    If i had to do in munually, it would have taken forever, 195 contacts!

Cheers!