+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 1.0 : Can this be unlocked?

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Greetings of Peace to everyone! May I know if you can tell me if there's a way I can unlock my iphone with firmware 1.0? I bought it couple of
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Smile Iphone 1.0 : Can this be unlocked?
    Greetings of Peace to everyone!

May I know if you can tell me if there's a way I can unlock my iphone with firmware 1.0?

I bought it couple of weeks ago directly from apple and I was surprised after jailbreaking it that the firmware is only 1.0
    instead of 1.0.2; are there any chances this can be unlocked? The instructions here specify that the firmware must be 1.0.2 so I didn't attempt to unlock it without any alternatives.

Hope someone from this community assist me with my problem.

Thank you!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jansnuck View Post
    Greetings of Peace to everyone!

May I know if you can tell me if there's a way I can unlock my iphone with firmware 1.0?

I bought it couple of weeks ago directly from apple and I was surprised after jailbreaking it that the firmware is only 1.0
    instead of 1.0.2; are there any chances this can be unlocked? The instructions here specify that the firmware must be 1.0.2 so I didn't attempt to unlock it without any alternatives.

Hope someone from this community assist me with my problem.

Thank you!
    Download the 1.02 Firmware update from the downloads section on this site, and update your iPhone.

When in iTunes, Shift-Click (PC) or Option-Click (Mac) on the Restore button, and you can browse to the 1.02 Firmware file you downloaded.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thank you so much mate. I'll keep you posted if it will work or not.

Cheers!

Hi Eurisko,

I saw it under download link. There are restore files for 1.0, 1.01., and 1.0.2.

Will it unlock my phone if I update it to 1.0.2? I am afraid that it might bricked my iphone just like those who accidentally updated their firware to 1.1.1 and restored it back to 1.0.2?

Thanks for helping me on this issue of mine.
    Last edited by jansnuck; 10-06-2007 at 02:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost