+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP! Unlocked iPhone (1.0.2) BUT No service!

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi everyone, I'm from Holland and I just got my US iphone I bought of ebay. Everything works EXCEPT the most important feature...yeah...CALLING! So I've searched and stumbled upon this
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default HELP! Unlocked iPhone (1.0.2) BUT No service!
    Hi everyone,

I'm from Holland and I just got my US iphone I bought of ebay. Everything works EXCEPT the most important feature...yeah...CALLING! So I've searched and stumbled upon this community and was hoping somebody could help!

Regardless of the provider Sim card I use I get "no service" in the top left corner and can't make calls. Browser/wifi/gps all works (haven't tested bluetooth yet).

Oh and from time to time I get a pop-up stating
    "Sim Locked - <OK> or <Unlock> But it always disappears too fast so I can't click on it.

If somebody has a solution please help!

oh and I guess it was unlocked using Nullriver as it has the installer under "sources"

THANKS in advance everybody!!!!

up
    Last edited by cyesergio; 10-05-2007 at 02:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cyesergio View Post
    Hi everyone,

I'm from Holland and I just got my US iphone I bought of ebay. Everything works EXCEPT the most important feature...yeah...CALLING! So I've searched and stumbled upon this community and was hoping somebody could help!

Regardless of the provider Sim card I use I get "no service" in the top left corner and can't make calls. Browser/wifi/gps all works (haven't tested bluetooth yet).

Oh and from time to time I get a pop-up stating
    "Sim Locked - <OK> or <Unlock> But it always disappears too fast so I can't click on it.

If somebody has a solution please help!

oh and I guess it was unlocked using Nullriver as it has the installer under "sources"

THANKS in advance everybody!!!!

up
    I added this in another thread as well. I had the same problem. The solution is to reset the baseband to factory state with the command:

#> bbupdater -e ICE03.14.08_G.eep

Make sure before doing this to unload the com.apple.CommCenter

This can be done either on the iPhone itself (terminal) or SSH'ing into the iPhone. When you run the command, you'll see a bunch of log entries and then presto, you'll get a signal.

You can get the file "ICE03.14.08_G.eep" from the Firmware ramdisk. I'm sure it's also floating around somewhere too.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I've in the same situation. Everything seemed to install and unlock but I get no signal. These instructions are "greek" to me. Can you step-by-step it? Thanks.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sura View Post
    I've in the same situation. Everything seemed to install and unlock but I get no signal. These instructions are "greek" to me. Can you step-by-step it? Thanks.
    I definetly agree with you man, i know a little about computers and stuff but when it comes down to hacking i don't know a lot. Anyways, the same thing is happening to me. I unlocked the phone but currently i dont have any service, it says something like you need a valid sim card.

So what do you need to do?

Use iBrickr? and then what?
    Where you can find the file?
    Can you download the file from somewhere?
    What are the steps? Make it dummy proof!

I bet that not only me but a bunch of other will appreciate all the help possible. Thanks in advance.

Any word on this? I have seen a lot of people taking a look at the forum but no answers!!!
    Last edited by Mookie469; 10-05-2007 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for the replies guys!!! I don't get the instructions either but I'll search, you know...it's a start...at least I have a new lead! Could you please put up a link to the thread you posted this in? Thanks in advance!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

more of this sad story can be found at: http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/show...t=9106&page=11
    thats where I will post my experience (no solution yet).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    the link isn't working for some reason. Can anyone verify if the solution worked?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I think UnlockiPhoneFreeUse 0.1 beta by http://www.dcomsoft.com would be interesting 4 u

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    For those of you still having problems, use this link:
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9618

My phone wasn't working all weekend long, everything but phone features. this thread shows you how to downgrade the baseband and then unlock the phone to use your sim card.
    Worked for me, it looks harder than it is...