Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Reliable factory unlock site?

Default Reliable factory unlock site?
    Hi, I have a iPhone 4S that needs to be unlocked.
    What reliable site you can lead me to? Did it work for you?

Ask cowboy on the forums here. He's dead reliable

I read some posts and Cowboy has some refunds to take care of?

Out of contract phones will ALWAYS be unlockable by your Carrier for FREE. Just call them. You should never pay for an unlock service for older phones out of contract. You're being ripped off if you pay for it. Just a simple call to your carrier.. Immediate free unlock over the phone.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

kmarc (03-25-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by docmagoo2 View Post
    Ask cowboy on the forums here. He's dead reliable
    Not for me...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scottvd View Post
    Not for me...
    Pm me and I'll see if I can help.

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Out of contract phones will ALWAYS be unlockable by your Carrier for FREE. Just call them. You should never pay for an unlock service for older phones out of contract. You're being ripped off if you pay for it. Just a simple call to your carrier.. Immediate free unlock over the phone.
    Bought my phone from eBay so...can't really do that.

att will not unlock any phones bought on craigslist or ebay ect..u will have to rely on a unlocking site/service to have it done

Quote Originally Posted by hackerd00d View Post
    att will not unlock any phones bought on craigslist or ebay ect..u will have to rely on a unlocking site/service to have it done
    This not true.. I've had several unlocked by att for free -purchased from eBay. They can check if the account of the previous owner was in good standing prior to being sold.

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    This not true.. I've had several unlocked by att for free -purchased from eBay. They can check if the account of the previous owner was in good standing prior to being sold.
    Hmm, that's quite interesting.

From my experience, ATT did not allow an unlock request to go through because the phone that I purchased off craigslist, which was indeed verified to be off contract, was not tied to my account, therefore they denied my request.

Maybe they were pretty loose until that whole 3rd party unlocking fiasco was unleashed.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to EVO For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-30-2014)

Yes EVO- that could be the case .. They have started tightening up.. But most people trying to unlock older phones are people who still own them (original owners) who think they have to pay for unlocking. The 3rd party unlockers don't let people know they can get it for free.. Obviously.. I just don't want people to get swindled.

Ive had several conversations with diff att reps, its free for the person who owned the phones, and was told flat out, it cant be unlocked for an ebay/craigslist purchases.as soon as they ask are you the original owner ? it changes bigtime.

Ive had several conversations with diff att reps, its free for the person who owned the phones, and was told flat out, it cant be unlocked for an ebay/craigslist purchases.as soon as they ask are you the original owner ? it changes bigtime.
    Im just saying I had 3 eBay purchased phones unlocked without me being orig owner - but that was early 2013.

I've unlocked 2 out of contract iPhones from Craigslist last month. I believe you can request 5 unlocks a year if your in good standing :-)

Quote Originally Posted by daytonaviolet View Post
    I've unlocked 2 out of contract iPhones from Craigslist last month. I believe you can request 5 unlocks a year if your in good standing :-)
    Yes, I called ATT the other day after reading things here and they told me same thing. 5 a year, out of contract. I asked if I needed to be original owner and they said no...

So seems like we're getting different answers from different reps.. Damn AT&T.

How can u be in good standing if your not a customer?any of you have a att phone number, the one im using insist u be a customer with a out of contract phone.

How can u be in good standing if your not a customer?any of you have a att phone number, the one im using insist u be a customer with a out of contract phone.
    I never understood the context of this discussion to be about "not being a customer". Many people who still use 3rd party unlock services to unlock older out of contract phones are ATT customers trying to unlock other ATT phones purchased on Craig's List or eBay for their family members use or for resale again. Getting a free unlock for these IS possible according to ATT,

If you are NOT a customer with ATT yourself - then I agree - this would not be possible and your only choice is a 3rd party unlock service - even for phones out of contract.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Niwa View Post
    Hi, I have a iPhone 4S that needs to be unlocked.
    What reliable site you can lead me to? Did it work for you?
    Niwa, are you unlocked yet?

Quote Originally Posted by nicholasss View Post
    Niwa, are you unlocked yet?
    No I have not and 14 business days have already passed :L

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Can someone please help me? I’m stuck on the activation screen in my iphone and it keeps asking me to enter the Apple ID of the previous owner… I bought this iphone second handed but the previous owner forgot to disable Find My iPhone and he doesn’t know the Apple ID either, he gave me this website to let it unlock Apple iPhone iCloud & Carrier Unlock - Free iPhone Unlocks is this even legit? :S Someone ever tried this website?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast