+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS, please help

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I was given an iPhone 3GS for my birthday as my aunty was using it as a secondary phone, it was under T-MOBILE. My current sim is Vodafone and wouldn't
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone 3GS, please help
    I was given an iPhone 3GS for my birthday as my aunty was using it as a secondary phone, it was under T-MOBILE. My current sim is Vodafone and wouldn't work when i put it in.

My aunty being the persistant know-it-all that she is, she master reset the phone and now it brings me to the activation set up when i turn the iPhone on....(Select region, language, wifi then asks for a sim).

Please someone help me sort this mess out, i am desperate as if i can mod it i believe it could be a decent phone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Is your aunt I'm the us? I'm guessing that it was software unlocked and not factory unlocked? The phone needs to be activated with a sim from the original carrier which might be at and t. It can be an inactive SIM. Once you do that then you can jailbreak and unlock your phone.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

First, your 3GS is locked to T-Mobile. You can use Redsn0w to hacktivate it or activate with a T-Mobile SIM. If the iphone is not an 8GB model, you can use Redsn0w to downgrade baseband then use UltraSn0w to unlock it. Be certain that it's not an 8GB, otherwise, it will render you phone useless because Apple replaced the baseband chip.

Also, on some models you may need to repeat the baseband downgrading twice for it to work.

Good luck