Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Determine iCloud Owner's Email from Activation Lock Screen to Contact the Owner

Default Determine iCloud Owner's Email from Activation Lock Screen to Contact the Owner
    I bought an iPhone from CL and it is stuck on the Activation screen. I want to contact the owner so he can remove the lock, but I don't have his phone number or email address.

Is there anyway I can determine the iCloud email address of the owner so I can contact them?

I tried the following two methods:

This one didn't work because there no Backup of the iphone on my iTunes for me to be able to use the Backup Extractor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep7B6V2WsbY

This didn't work also. When I go to Facetime, it doesn't't show the email address of the previous owner.
    How To Bypass iOS 7 Activation Lock & Contact iCloud Owner For Permanent Fix - YouTube

When you try to Turn off the Find my iPhone, it will show the email ID

yes this is true, must make your app Find My iPhone to be OFF and to show your apple id : Email.

What do you mean by turn off Find My iPhone?? How do I do that??? There is no way to do that because I am on the Activation screen that is shown on a freshly restored device. The screen when you select the language, country, connect to Wifi, then it asks to sign in with Apple ID.

The goal is to determine the Apple ID email so I can contact the owner, but it doesn't show email. It show, "t****@yahoo.com"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by v99ick991 View Post
    What do you mean by turn off Find My iPhone?? How do I do that??? There is no way to do that because I am on the Activation screen that is shown on a freshly restored device. The screen when you select the language, country, connect to Wifi, then it asks to sign in with Apple ID.

The goal is to determine the Apple ID email so I can contact the owner, but it doesn't show email. It show, "t****@yahoo.com"
    Yeah, that's all you're probably going to get from the phone...

At this point, I think you're probably stuck, sad to say.