+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocking a Sprint IPhone 5C to use for US T-Mobile?

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have a 5C under Sprint and want to use T-mobile. I was under the impression that I could just throw the Sim Card in and walla, it'll work. WRONG!
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Unlocking a Sprint IPhone 5C to use for US T-Mobile?
    I have a 5C under Sprint and want to use T-mobile. I was under the impression that I could just throw the Sim Card in and walla, it'll work. WRONG! Now I don't mind doing a third party service or myself but now I'm being told it's impossible because it's Sprint (they won't do it for me). Please say that's not true. I know that's for the 5 but doesn't the 5C and 5S come unlocked? I just want, we'll need to use my T-mobile SIM card ASAP. Help me. Please.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Only the Verizon iPhone 5 and 5s 5c come unlocked. You can also buy them from apple unlocked but unfortunately you are stuck with sprint. They most likely will never unlock them because of the huge amount of iPhones they ordered from apple. They way they make there money back it to keep you locked in with their service. Your only option is to sell it your self and take a small loss or trade it in with apple and take a pretty big loss and buy an unlocked iPhone

Green Apple
    Thanks

Awwww shucks!!! Thank You!!!

I have another fairly quick question, I'm in contract with them, can I at least switch over to their prepaid or would that require some unlocking too?
    Last edited by Kayboo16; 01-11-2014 at 06:14 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks