+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is Toasty Unlocks really a scam or just practicing bad business?

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Oh Pick me I have questions. 1) Why do you have 3 different paypal accounts? 2) Why did your "Madness" that you talk about stretching from october to december? I
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

Oh Pick me I have questions.

1) Why do you have 3 different paypal accounts?
    2) Why did your "Madness" that you talk about stretching from october to december? I will concur november and the end of october was madness but by Dec 1st everything was clear and there hasn't been delays really since. Been a few small ones here and there but nothing more then a few days really.
    3) Id really like to know why you offered Sprint services when they didn't come available to anyone up until a few weeks ago.
    4) What was you motive to deface me(IDeviceGuys) and Chronic on twitter and on Modmyi?
    5) Why did you buy twitter followers and Facebook likes?

6) Isn't really a question but facts saying your the 3rd biggest unlocker i think you would be sorely mistaken. I think being in the top 25 would be pushing it. You dont have any site traffic which also makes me question why you had so many problems with suppliers and paypal.
    Lets look at some facts from a 3rd party site Website Traffic Estimates by TrafficEstimate.com (not 100% accurate but gives you an idea)

Your traffic in the last 30 days toastyunlocks.com Website Traffic and Information | TrafficEstimate.com 910 visits in the last 30 days
    My traffic IDeviceguys.com ideviceguys.com Website Traffic and Information | TrafficEstimate.com 29,700 visits in the last 30 days
    Chronicunlocks.com (makes me look like a chump) chronicunlocks.com Website Traffic and Information | TrafficEstimate.com but 91,000 visits in the last 30 days

See the huge difference? Now thats just visits not purchases and my guess is your not even coming close to turning 10% into paying customers. Hell I know I am not doing 10% and i have over 30X the traffic and well Chronic has 3 times more then me and almost 100X more then you. lol

7) Last questions with the obvious stats stated above you said that you been getting flooded with emails (saw this on Facebook or twitter just a week or so ago) but it appears by stats that there is no way you can be getting flooded. Unless flooded for you is like 10 emails or so a day. Can you please explain to your customers that are upset with you here where this flood of emails is coming from.
    Last edited by Cowboy; 03-14-2014 at 06:52 PM.
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Developer
    Thanks

I think besides the traffic claims and AT&T trouble (we can ignore that), it seems that the big issue here is the Sprint unlocks being offered for months, when they were not possible. It's likely that a supplier told you they could do them, Ray, and you collected orders and got scammed. But you should have admitted that and refunded customers immediately, instead of holding all orders hostage, until now (Since Sprint is possible in lmited batches for the time being, it seems you're luck in that regard and can get some done). I think that was one of the biggest issues here, setting aside all other claims and other problems that everyone faced.

Another issue would be sending the paper copies of your ToS to people, and putting in a tracking number for chargebacks. That's not something that anyone else has done, and it is borderline fraudulent, as the "tracking number" in response to chargebacks is supposed to be in relation to a product being sent. If you had just entered a fake tracking number in order to respond to escalated PayPal disputes, that'd be understandable, and is something everyone needs to do because PayPal didn't even include an option for responding without providing one (very silly). But shipping a copy of your ToS just to get a tracking number and claiming that it is the tracking number for a product you sent, is too far. If it's at the point where a user is filing a chargeback, it does not matter if the order is still in process with your supplier, for PR sake it makes far more sense to just take the loss and refund them. Maybe they'd come back later with more unlocks and allow you to break even or profit, but that won't happen if they get to the point where they are appealing chargebacks that were replied to with false evidence.

And, as Logan mentioned, the constant slander that you direct at both of us simply makes you look immature. I've been doing just fine running Chronic Unlocks without the need to send insults over Twitter, reply to anyone else's customers (desperation?), and other silly things like that. It's honestly time to grow up, clean up that Twitter page, and get some better suppliers. I would say to work on marketing, but I know you've already been employing some grey-hat SEO techniques to boost your page ranking, so that's...something, I guess (go ahead and call this claim baseless, we both know that ti's not, but I do hope you spend some time addressing some of the important points made here -- be professional and just give some answers, and let the matter be laid to rest).

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Chronic For This Useful Post:

Cowboy (03-14-2014)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    Oh Pick me I have questions.

1) Why do you have 3 different paypal accounts?
    2) Why did your "Madness" that you talk about stretching from october to december? I will concur november and the end of october was madness but by Dec 1st everything was clear and there hasn't been delays really since. Been a few small ones here and there but nothing more then a few days really.
    3) Id really like to know why you offered Sprint services when they didn't come available to anyone up until a few weeks ago.
    4) What was you motive to deface me(IDeviceGuys) and Chronic on twitter and on Modmyi?
    5) Why did you buy twitter followers and Facebook likes?

6) Isn't really a question but facts saying your the 3rd biggest unlocker i think you would be sorely mistaken. I think being in the top 25 would be pushing it. You dont have any site traffic which also makes me question why you had so many problems with suppliers and paypal.
    Lets look at some facts from a 3rd party site Website Traffic Estimates by TrafficEstimate.com (not 100% accurate but gives you an idea)

Your traffic in the last 30 days toastyunlocks.com Website Traffic and Information | TrafficEstimate.com 910 visits in the last 30 days
    My traffic IDeviceguys.com ideviceguys.com Website Traffic and Information | TrafficEstimate.com 29,700 visits in the last 30 days
    Chronicunlocks.com (makes me look like a chump) chronicunlocks.com Website Traffic and Information | TrafficEstimate.com but 91,000 visits in the last 30 days

See the huge difference? Now thats just visits not purchases and my guess is your not even coming close to turning 10% into paying customers. Hell I know I am not doing 10% and i have over 30X the traffic and well Chronic has 3 times more then me and almost 100X more then you. lol

7) Last questions with the obvious stats stated above you said that you been getting flooded with emails (saw this on Facebook or twitter just a week or so ago) but it appears by stats that there is no way you can be getting flooded. Unless flooded for you is like 10 emails or so a day. Can you please explain to your customers that are upset with you here where this flood of emails is coming from.
    1) We have no Paypal accounts currently, and will never use Paypal again, period. Paypal is a joke. We had no choice but to open multiple accounts when our first account was sunk by a scammer with fraudulent chargeback dispute. We had an account to pay strictly pay suppliers, only sending. Since all were linked, all were limited.

There is no way I'm going to let Paypal steal a few thousand and hand it over to some scammer.

2) There were still delays and uncertainty with reliable suppliers to early December.

3) Sprint service is still not available, even now. Just unlocked a few IMEIs, and the rest still pending and skeptical of the source.

4) That was not me.

5) I don't handle the social media accounts.

6)Two points- Those stats are completely incorrect, and traffic does not necessarily correlate with unlocks processed. We average around 800 visitors per day.

If you have bulk clients giving you 500 orders a week, that won't show up in stats. I'm referring to unlocks processed, not web traffic, as the measuring stick.

Attached is unique visitors to our site for the month of March, from March.1 to today, 14 days. Roughly 600 unique visitors daily. Again, this isn't a contest who has more visitors, as mentioned above.

7)See above.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Is Toasty Unlocks really a scam or just practicing bad business?-screen-shot-2014-03-14-8.05.22-pm.png  

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rayvesuvius View Post

6)Two points- Those stats are completely incorrect, and traffic does not necessarily correlate with unlocks processed. We average around 800 visitors per day.

If you have bulk clients giving you 500 orders a week, that won't show up in stats. I'm referring to unlocks processed, not web traffic, as the measuring stick.

Attached is unique visitors to our site for the month of March, from March.1 to today, 14 days. Roughly 600 unique visitors daily. Again, this isn't a contest who has more visitors, as mentioned above.
    Ok so who runs your social media accounts? Why as a standup business owner allow for such crap to happen and it wasn't for a day or two this has been going on for months. So your saying A) you just don't care or B) you slept on it and didn't know it was taking places for months on end.

Now for web traffic lets make some sense first you posted a pic that in no way ties it to ToastyUnlocks. So how can mine and chronics be 95% accurate and yours is not?
    Let's talk about bulk orders no matter what you say it doesn't fit because your web traffic is so low.
    I can almost guarantee that you didn't just start running a business and 100s of people wanting bulk orders flocked to you.

Now you didn't even attempt to answer chronics questions or your customers questions as why you or your company if you don't want to take responsibility for your company sent out ToS to people with a tracking number attached and used is to fight PayPal claims?
    So please next time you post please address that question for me, chronic and the 5 or so customers on here that you scammed.

Thanks
    Last edited by Cowboy; 03-23-2014 at 09:30 PM.

Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Lots of big talk Ray. Where is my refund from an order placed on 12/2/2013? Other than ignoring my emails regularly, and the few times you did respond you fed me lies about when I would be refunded, I haven't experienced anything else. You blocked me from posting on your Facebook page because you are so legitimate and honest. And you did the same on Twitter.

All BS aside, you've got very little to boast about and it seems a few people here know the reality of how insignificant you really are in the unlocking world. And your own actions don't speak very highly of your character.

Your customer service is bad. Your attitude is bad. Your inflated self-worth is amusing. The amount of spam you send me when I clearly will never buy another scam unlock service from you is tiring.

The only scammer is very likely you, and thats why you don't deal with PayPal. The amount of people you owed refunds from the month of December when you ran your special was very high, and you likely got so many disputes from not refunding people, that you likely got bounced off of PayPal. Thats the truth isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by rayvesuvius View Post
    1) We have no Paypal accounts currently, and will never use Paypal again, period. Paypal is a joke. We had no choice but to open multiple accounts when our first account was sunk by a scammer with fraudulent chargeback dispute. We had an account to pay strictly pay suppliers, only sending. Since all were linked, all were limited.

There is no way I'm going to let Paypal steal a few thousand and hand it over to some scammer.

2) There were still delays and uncertainty with reliable suppliers to early December.

3) Sprint service is still not available, even now. Just unlocked a few IMEIs, and the rest still pending and skeptical of the source.

4) That was not me.

7)See above.
    Last edited by arplayer2k; 03-23-2014 at 04:20 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Where art thou Toasty these days?

Thanks

Haha

+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234