Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: It's unlocked... where are my cellular settings??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Question It's unlocked... where are my cellular settings??
    So I gave in and upgraded to the latest iOS 7 so I could get my phone unlocked. Got the "Congratulations, your phone is unlocked" message in iTunes. However I don't have access to the cellular data and carrier settings! They're not there... I have to do a quick SIM card switch to get into them in order to change my APN.

My phone is unlocked... should I not have access to these now?? I remember on my old 2G I did, but then again that one was unlocked via jailbreak...
    - Dai

Oh Apple, how I loath thee. Why do I still use your products???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whitewolf81 View Post
    So I gave in and upgraded to the latest iOS 7 so I could get my phone unlocked. Got the "Congratulations, your phone is unlocked" message in iTunes. However I don't have access to the cellular data and carrier settings! They're not there... I have to do a quick SIM card switch to get into them in order to change my APN.

My phone is unlocked... should I not have access to these now?? I remember on my old 2G I did, but then again that one was unlocked via jailbreak...
    You should have access to the APN settings if you put in a SIM card that allows it... so that means an Apple-partner carrier that allows for APN editing (e.g., T-Mobile US or one of their MVNOs) or a non-partner carrier (e.g., WIND Mobile in Canada). If you have a partner carrier that does not allow APN editing (e.g., AT&T in the US or one of their MVNOs), then you won't be able to edit your APN settings, even if your phone is unlocked.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Argh... I was afraid of that. So it's AT&T that aren't letting me have full access to my phone?? Why are they such butts?

I did the SIM switch with an old T-mobile one, and when I'm in the settings with my current SIM (straight talk) in, and I change the APN & MMS names, they will change back tot he defaults, live, while I'm looking at them. o.O

Oh well... at least being that it is Straight Talk, I can just order a T-mobile SIM.
    - Dai

Oh Apple, how I loath thee. Why do I still use your products???

Thanks
    Thanked 15,504 Times in 7,091 Posts

You can install a custom profile to get the apn you want installed. Here's one site that you can do that from: http://unlockit.co.nz