+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3gs unlocking with BB 5.16.05 and 5.0

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi, Can any kind soul confirm if I will be able to unlock iPhone 3GS prepaid phone I bought recently? Here are the details. BaseBand Version: 5.16.05 Firmware Version: 5.0
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone 3gs unlocking with BB 5.16.05 and 5.0
    Hi,

Can any kind soul confirm if I will be able to unlock iPhone 3GS prepaid phone I bought recently? Here are the details.

BaseBand Version: 5.16.05
    Firmware Version: 5.0
    Serial Number: 87143xxxxxx

I have jailbroken the device using redsn0w but ultransn0w is not able to unlock it. I am not able to find an authoritative link for unlocking this version. I searched for 5.16.05 even in this forum and that did not turn up anything.

Thanks.

Thanks

You're not going to like this.

Unfortunately, the last baseband version redsn0w can unlock is 05.13.04. Also, the iPad baseband upgrade will not work on your device, as it's too new.

I'm afraid that your device will require an interposition device of some sort (e.g., a GEVEY or R-SIM) or an IMEI unlock. If your iPhone is from AT&T originally, I'd suggest Chronic (of Chronic Unlocks, namesake of Chronic Dev-Team) or Cowboy (of iDeviceGuys, also a moderator on this site). It may also be worth checking if your device is now out of its contract, at which point you might be able to get AT&T to unlock it for free.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok. Thanks for quick response.
    How reliable are these sites?

This is a new prepaid phone I just purchased so I do not have a contract Or may be I need to find a friend who can help me with this.

Thanks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lockedPhoneUser View Post
    Ok. Thanks for quick response.
    How reliable are these sites?

This is a new prepaid phone I just purchased so I do not have a contract Or may be I need to find a friend who can help me with this.

Thanks.
    Both Chronic and Cowboy are quite good at what they do. However, I have to warn you: unlocks are expensive and ranging from slow to glacially slow right now. It may take a while to get your phone unlocked.