Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone unlocked change sim problem

Red face iPhone unlocked change sim problem
    hi
    i got my iphone in the us and used it ok with t-mobile. However, coming to australia i changed the sim to an aus one (vodafone) and now the phone says 'incorrect sim please connect to itunes to reactivate phone'. When connected to itunes it says to takte the phone to att. If i put the tmobile sim in the phone and i tunes are ok with it (except cant global roam). Redoing anysim says the phone is patched already.
    Any ideas? Reset phone and start again?
    thanks!

Ive got exactly the same problem. The only thing is that i can't even use any SIM at all. It says exactly the same things but it doesn't racognize absolutely any sim. What exactly you did before installing the anySIM app? Do i need to mod anything?
    Last edited by Neckem; 10-04-2007 at 09:13 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Neckem View Post
    Ive got exactly the same problem. The only thing is that i can't even use any SIM at all. It says exactly the same things but it doesn't racognize absolutely any sim. What exactly you did before installing the anySIM app? Do i need to mod anything?
    I have this problem with a second iPhone I bought. I bought my current iPhone 1 day before the anysim unlock came out approx 3 weeks ago and i used the iUnlock method, it worked after. I decided to use the AnySim method for my second phone, things looked good, until it didn't accept any of the four sim cards I own. The phone won't accept any card that i put in, no matter how many times I try, no matter how many times I restart or restore, and no matter how many times I punch my keyboard in frustration. I followed the AnySim instructions, no luck!
    Help us please!

frustrating. Strange that my tmobile card works. Are you in Australia? Different sim card confit? Wonder if I can mid my tmobile sim to work on vodafone?
    Anyone found a solution?

Good news!

I got it working. Not sure how!

I ran AppTapInstaller then PACAY and now it works!!

Google these apps to find download.
    Last edited by Newcgeoman; 10-04-2007 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Newcgeoman View Post
    hi
    i got my iphone in the us and used it ok with t-mobile. However, coming to australia i changed the sim to an aus one (vodafone) and now the phone says 'incorrect sim please connect to itunes to reactivate phone'. When connected to itunes it says to takte the phone to att. If i put the tmobile sim in the phone and i tunes are ok with it (except cant global roam). Redoing anysim says the phone is patched already.
    Any ideas? Reset phone and start again?
    thanks!
    You need to deactivate the iPhone, and reactivate the phone with the new SIM inserted (I use iNdependence). Also, you have to install the patched Lockdownd so iTunes won't keep telling you "It appears this isn't an AT&T SIM".

Thanks

I actually think I am in love with you guys....Works now!

how did you guys get it to work, can anyone do a step by step, Thanks

Hello, Somebody please help me, I have unlocked the iphone using Mac OS X, closely and carefully following the steps 1 to 17 from here ( http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Dow...1_to_1.0.2_OSX ), well my problem is that the iPhone only accepts the SIM used during activation, when i trying to change to antoher sim card i have this message from the iphone" incorret sim please connect to itunes to reactivate iphone ", how can i resolve this problem because i need the iphone working with many sim cards not just one