+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 4, jailbroken,4.10.01 base band running on gevey sim, now factory unlocked

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi Guys, I have an iphone 4 with 4.10.01 baseband which I used until now with gevey sim unlock. (iOs version is 4.3.3.) I got it factory unlocked recently. But
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iphone 4, jailbroken,4.10.01 base band running on gevey sim, now factory unlocked
    Hi Guys,

I have an iphone 4 with 4.10.01 baseband which I used until now with gevey sim unlock. (iOs version is 4.3.3.) I got it factory unlocked recently. But I am still not able to use my phone without gevey sim. I am guessing I have to factory reset it. Can anyone tell me what path to follow so that I can use the phone without the gevey sim. I also want to have the latest possible version of iOS with an untethered jailbreak? I tried restoring with itunes without any success. I am starting to feel like the factory unlock was a total waste of money. Any help is much appreciated.
    Last edited by benin; 10-27-2013 at 01:07 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,203 Times in 6,978 Posts

You most likely hactivated the phone when you jailbroke it. A factory unlock will show no service with this. You have to remove the hactivation then activate normally with iTunes.

You can remove the hactivation by either restoring, using redsnow and choosing the deactivate option, or using SAM from cydia to deactivate.

As far as getting to a more recent firmware and maintains the ability to untether jailbreak that will depend on what SHSH you have.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for the response. I chose the deactivate option from redsnow and the process is complete in the phone. Now the phone is showing an image to connect to Itunes even after powering up. I only have the option to make an emergency call. Not sure how to proceed, Please help. When I connect to Itunes it shows up a message asking to enter the pass code in the phone

Thanks

And you can't enter the passcode?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

no there is no option to enter the passcode.

Thanks

Ok. Run redsnow again and jailbreak it. No need to put any options. Just uncheck everything then go through the dfu process. Redsnow will havtivate it again. Once it does go and turn your pass code off then deactivate it again with redsnow.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks. That worked like a charm, my phone is unlocked now and I can use it without gevey sim. From what I heard 5.1.1 is the only untethered jailbreak for iphone 4. Can you please confirm ?

Thanks

5.1.1 and any firmware between 6.0-6.1.2 is untethered.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm using an iphone 4 and its lock to uk voda fone, and i went factory unlock, but i don't no which site 2go to