+ Reply
Page 7 of 68 FirstFirst ... 56789 17 57 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Unlock Servers are down

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
It's illegal (but nearly unenforceable) to unlock in-contract phones. All 5S and 5C that are currently being sold, that people would NEED an unlock for, would be in contract -
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,429 Times in 4,281 Posts

It's illegal (but nearly unenforceable)
    to unlock in-contract phones. All 5S and 5C that are currently being sold, that people would NEED an unlock for, would be in contract - since full retail phones are already unlocked from factory. So Cowboy just doesn't want to get fined. Smart man.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 10-22-2013 at 04:11 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

So lets see where to start......
    Looks like you guys noticed I took down the At&t ordering option.
    My reasoning for that is to catch up on all my orders. I have a few thousand sitting processing so I am waiting for them to clear out before I start processing more. I will open it back up hopefully tomorrow night but only for selected models and then every day there after I will add another model. 5/5c/5s are taking especially long for what ever reason and I probably won't add 5c/5s's back still everything stabilizes even more. If you have placed an order with me it is processing until I email you with confirmation.

I thought I have expressed this enough but it seems some people still aren't getting it. I am a lone ranger/1 man show/ I don't have anyone helping me its just me. So response times can be slow. If your question is "Hows my unlock coming along?", "Do you have an eta?",etc or anything along those lines your order is processing and you will receive an email when it is completed. I seriously just do not have the time to answer that question for everyone.

Please Please Please Please STOP emailing me 2-3-4 times a day, tweeting my business, tweeting my personal, Facebook me, posting in this thread, posting in another thread, and pming me if i didn't response to the form of communication.
    Email is the way I like to communicate with customers it allows me to follow a timeline. By contacting me 10 different ways it gets very confusing to who I have and have not answered. I am doing my best to stay on top of things but as soon as I wake up I am already behind, I wake up to 500-1000 emails already in my inbox from orders and questions done over night.

Thanks,
    Cowboy aka Logan
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Cowboy I think you are doing your best and I just want to thank you for all that you are doing and putting up with... like you said you are just one doing it all!!! Give him some time he is doing his best!
    Last edited by jalrussell; 10-23-2013 at 07:01 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

5 bussiness days passed, your own deadline for october 22nd passed, lack of communication.

This Cowboy guy wont respond to emails unless they are payment related, when I send a "contact us" form from his website asking about the extra $20 dlls option for the unlocks instead of the initial $25 I would get a response within 20 minutes, however none of my 2 emails about the status of the "processing" has been answered yet, my ordered was "processing" since oct 14th, and no word from the unlocker oct 23rd.

If you say you are working on a dead line, and you cant suffice within that deadline you should inform the why's and when's, otherwise you start looking as a scammer.

I patiently waited 5 bussiness days as stated on your website to send and email asking for an update, nonetheless no communication, no reply, no updates. All I hear from Cowboy is "oh poor me, I have a million bussiness transactions and I cant cope with it, just keep making deposits and I will keep processing, wait up and if your unlocks gets processed you will know it... someday in the future"

I believe your costumers deserve to know whats happening with the money they invested in a service that wasnt delivered as promised.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    So lets see where to start......
    Looks like you guys noticed I took down the At&t ordering option.
    My reasoning for that is to catch up on all my orders. I have a few thousand sitting processing so I am waiting for them to clear out before I start processing more. I will open it back up hopefully tomorrow night but only for selected models and then every day there after I will add another model. 5/5c/5s are taking especially long for what ever reason and I probably won't add 5c/5s's back still everything stabilizes even more. If you have placed an order with me it is processing until I email you with confirmation.

I thought I have expressed this enough but it seems some people still aren't getting it. I am a lone ranger/1 man show/ I don't have anyone helping me its just me. So response times can be slow. If your question is "Hows my unlock coming along?", "Do you have an eta?",etc or anything along those lines your order is processing and you will receive an email when it is completed. I seriously just do not have the time to answer that question for everyone.

Please Please Please Please STOP emailing me 2-3-4 times a day, tweeting my business, tweeting my personal, Facebook me, posting in this thread, posting in another thread, and pming me if i didn't response to the form of communication.
    Email is the way I like to communicate with customers it allows me to follow a timeline. By contacting me 10 different ways it gets very confusing to who I have and have not answered. I am doing my best to stay on top of things but as soon as I wake up I am already behind, I wake up to 500-1000 emails already in my inbox from orders and questions done over night.

Thanks,
    Cowboy aka Logan
    Hi, I want to unlock my iPhone 4S and iphone 5. Where can I make the payment? Please reply soon (via email if possible). Also, what's the price?

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 14,775 Times in 6,871 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fossybone View Post
    5 bussiness days passed, your own deadline for october 22nd passed, lack of communication.

This Cowboy guy wont respond to emails unless they are payment related, when I send a "contact us" form from his website asking about the extra $20 dlls option for the unlocks instead of the initial $25 I would get a response within 20 minutes, however none of my 2 emails about the status of the "processing" has been answered yet, my ordered was "processing" since oct 14th, and no word from the unlocker oct 23rd.

If you say you are working on a dead line, and you cant suffice within that deadline you should inform the why's and when's, otherwise you start looking as a scammer.

I patiently waited 5 bussiness days as stated on your website to send and email asking for an update, nonetheless no communication, no reply, no updates. All I hear from Cowboy is "oh poor me, I have a million bussiness transactions and I cant cope with it, just keep making deposits and I will keep processing, wait up and if your unlocks gets processed you will know it... someday in the future"

I believe your costumers deserve to know whats happening with the money they invested in a service that wasnt delivered as promised.
    Let me respond to this with that I understand your frustration regarding this but also state that your anger and frustration is misplaced, and you would know this if you understood what has happened to ATT unlocking in the last 2 weeks or so.
    So I'll sum it up for you and anyone else then hopefully you and others can understand what is causing these delays/price changes/ refunds.

Basically ATT has woken up and come down hard on unlockers. A cheap workaround that was being used by pretty much all the unlock sellers (don't believe people like Chronic who may say he didn't) was shut down/closed, this workaround no longer exists. So this leads to plan B on how unlockers can get these phones unlocked, which is find a source or sources at that carrier who process unlocks normally for that carrier and get them to push through unlocks for them outside of the company's normal policy for a fee. This is how most unlocks are done for other carriers around the world which is why unlocks for those carriers can range in timeline and price, basically these "sources" are setting that price and estimated timeline.
    So what we have now with ATT is that ATT are actively looking for these people and shutting them down (outright firing some from what I have heard) by looking for bulk unlocks being submitted that are out of place/not the norm. This has lead to unexpected stopping of some of these sources all together which results in cancelled and refunded orders which ALL unlockers have been subject to these last few weeks. So what we have now is people who have these unlock services are having to find reliable sources who can get it done but all that is out there are sources who are willing to put a few through here and there (obviously for more money since the risk is higher) so that they don't raise any red flags and get themselves fired. So people are literally risking their jobs so that someone like you can get a phone unlocked.

My advice to anyone wanting an ATT unlock right now would be don't do it if you expect any kind of timelines given to be upheld, more than likely they won't be and can't be (at no fault of the unlock service). And this is unlikely to change in the foreseeable future. I can eventually see this stabling out on a higher price set and given timeline once the dust settles from this crackdown by ATT but don't expect that to be soon.
    SO you and everyone wanting an ATT unlock has 4 options:
    1: pay for the unlock expecting a long wait with the risk of order cancellation.
    2: Don't order an unlock
    3: Go through the official channels ATT has setup for getting iPhones unlocked (not an option for everybody understandably, especially us international folks).
    4: Explore different method of unlocking ie. gevey or gpp sim (mainly for 4S).

Hope this clears up things for you and everybody and makes you understand why someone like Cowboy just cant or is unwilling to respond to the countless "what is the status" emails. Cowboy is trying his hardest to get this done for people (as are others). Want to get mad at someone, try ATT for upping their security, although some would argue there isn't any fault in a company tightening their security either. Is what it is I guess.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Cowboy (10-23-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You can go to his site (www.ideviceguys.com)

Thanks

Todays update if you have placed a iPhone 5s or 5c order you should have just received a refund. They all came back this morning incomplete and as of now I have no eta on when I can get that service back. As far as I know all other iPhone makes are still being processed. I guess I jinxed myself saying things were smoothing out and becoming more stable.

If you have placed a 5s or 5c order and haven't received a refund please email me and in the title of the email put "5S or 5C REFUND" this will catch my attention and those emails will be priority.

On a side note I have spent quite a bit of time talking to other unlockers trying to find a working service and they are all saying the same thing not possible at this time. If anyone is saying they can unlock 5s or 5c they are most likely lying out their ears. Prices for the remain iPhones are jumping up again so if you see anyone offering a service below $40 beware most likely not going to get your phone unlocked by them. Also bulk orders from what I have heard bulk orders will be no more. There is a set limit to 200 unlocks or so that can be done a day.
    Simon said it best in his last post prices are going to jump because it sounds like people are risking their job. I personally don't want to see someone risk there living for a few unlocks. So I will not be offering that service till I can find another way.

Thanks,
    Logan

Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hi cowboy are u accepting unlocks for iPhone 5 ?

Thanks

Not as this time clearing up back orders first

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi Cowboy,
    I've recently bought an Iphone 4 off Ebay for my daughter's birthday and I found it to be locked to AT&T. Adding salt to the wound, the previous owner upgraded it to IOS 7.0.2 prior to delivery which makes it impossible for me to Jailbreak and do a software unlock. I've tried a couple of unlocking service companies and none successful so far. Any chance I could engage your service?
    As a father yourself, I think you would understand the agony of getting your kid something which is not usable.

Thanks
    Default hi cowboy
    today i receive a refund of a order for a unlock for my iPhone 5 that i make couple of day before and i want to know if something went wrong??
    thank you

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    Todays update if you have placed a iPhone 5s or 5c order you should have just received a refund. They all came back this morning incomplete and as of now I have no eta on when I can get that service back. As far as I know all other iPhone makes are still being processed. I guess I jinxed myself saying things were smoothing out and becoming more stable.

If you have placed a 5s or 5c order and haven't received a refund please email me and in the title of the email put "5S or 5C REFUND" this will catch my attention and those emails will be priority.

On a side note I have spent quite a bit of time talking to other unlockers trying to find a working service and they are all saying the same thing not possible at this time. If anyone is saying they can unlock 5s or 5c they are most likely lying out their ears. Prices for the remain iPhones are jumping up again so if you see anyone offering a service below $40 beware most likely not going to get your phone unlocked by them. Also bulk orders from what I have heard bulk orders will be no more. There is a set limit to 200 unlocks or so that can be done a day.
    Simon said it best in his last post prices are going to jump because it sounds like people are risking their job. I personally don't want to see someone risk there living for a few unlocks. So I will not be offering that service till I can find another way.

Thanks,
    Logan
    Are iPhone 5 coming back incomplete too? God I hope not I will wait more if I have to since I know you have lots of iPhone to unlock. I'm patient like they say good things come to those who wait right?

Thanks
    Thanked 8,429 Times in 4,281 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post

Basically ATT has woken up and come down hard on unlockers. A cheap workaround that was being used by pretty much all the unlock sellers (don't believe people like Chronic who may say he didn't) was shut down/closed, this workaround no longer exists. So this leads to plan B on how unlockers can get these phones unlocked, which is find a source or sources at that carrier who process unlocks normally for that carrier and get them to push through unlocks for them outside of the company's normal policy for a fee. This is how most unlocks are done for other carriers around the world which is why unlocks for those carriers can range in timeline and price, basically these "sources" are setting that price and estimated timeline.
    So what we have now with ATT is that ATT are actively looking for these people and shutting them down..
    Because the whole process is unethical - unlocking --> in-contract phones. Of course AT&T will always hunt down these "sources". These insiders at AT&T are greedy. And unlockers know they'd have no business without "in-contract" phones getting unlocked.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Because the whole process is unethical - unlocking --> in-contract phones. Of course AT&T will always hunt down these "sources". These insiders at AT&T are greedy. And unlockers know they'd have no business without "in-contract" phones getting unlocked.
    I don't think unlocking in-contract phones is unethical at all. You should be able to pop in a different sim when travelling if you want to avoid ridiculously high roaming charges.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Maybe it's easy for you to say that it's unethical since you never have to leave the country over a long period of time. For people who had to travel every now and then, do you actually suggest that they purchase new phones for every country that they visited since in your words "Unlocking is unethical"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles72 View Post
    Maybe it's easy for you to say that it's unethical since you never have to leave the country over a long period of time. For people who had to travel every now and then, do you actually suggest that they purchase new phones for every country that they visited since in your words "Unlocking is unethical"
    To be fair he did say unlocking in-contract phones is unethical, not unlocking in general. I still don't agree with what he said though.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles72 View Post
    Hi Cowboy,
    I've recently bought an Iphone 4 off Ebay for my daughter's birthday and I found it to be locked to AT&T. Adding salt to the wound, the previous owner upgraded it to IOS 7.0.2 prior to delivery which makes it impossible for me to Jailbreak and do a software unlock. I've tried a couple of unlocking service companies and none successful so far. Any chance I could engage your service?
    As a father yourself, I think you would understand the agony of getting your kid something which is not usable.
    if the iphone 4 is already off contract and not black listed. i can try to request an att unlock for you. pm me imei i can try today.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by denvee View Post
    if the iphone 4 is already off contract and not black listed. i can try to request an att unlock for you. pm me imei i can try today.
    Would you please do it for me too? i have iPhone 4 already out of contract and not in black list, it's really meaningless to pay over $70 to unlock it.

It would be very much appreciated.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by awran5 View Post
    Would you please do it for me too? i have iPhone 4 already out of contract and not in black list, it's really meaningless to pay over $70 to unlock it.

It would be very much appreciated.
    pm me ur imie ill give it a try. no guarantees... only at&t.. thats where i have my account

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to denvee For This Useful Post:

awran5 (10-25-2013), LEVA1989 (10-24-2013)