Page 53 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3 435152535455 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1366

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Unlock Servers are down

Logan,

I sent you emails about the refund on my orders on Nov 5th from ones****[email protected] I would need the refund quickly so I can make new orders. Please refund me quickly or let me know if I can pay the different for new orders. Thank you.

Unlock worked Thank you sooo much Cowboy!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Destroky For This Useful Post:

Cowboy (12-28-2013)

Default Pm send
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    Send me a pm with IMEI numbers and full email address please
    Send the information sir thank u

Thanks
    Thanked 15,486 Times in 7,088 Posts

Just for some comparison for all those ATT people who have had to wait for unlocks, I have had a Verizon iPhone 4S submitted with Chronic since Nov. 6th. Still in progress. Coming up on 2 months in just over a week. Just the way these unlocks go sometimes.

Wow. I thought Verizon phones were all unlockable. Things in the industry must be changing.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Wow. I thought Verizon phones were all unlockable. Things in the industry must be changing.
    Nah, been back and forth for a couple years now. Sometimes Verizon goes through fast, sometimes not. Same with other carriers. I have seen some carriers go up, go down, go fast, go slow. Way things have been for last 2 years now. Only thing that has changed is now ATT is just like the other carriers around the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Nah, been back and forth for a couple years now. Sometimes Verizon goes through fast, sometimes not. Same with other carriers. I have seen some carriers go up, go down, go fast, go slow. Way things have been for last 2 years now. Only thing that has changed is now ATT is just like the other carriers around the world.
    Ah - so when you and Bo introduced me to unlocking 2 years ago - that was just a "cheap & fast" period for AT&T and a slow to non- existent time for Verizon?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Ah - so when you and Bo introduced me to unlocking 2 years ago - that was just a "cheap & fast" period for AT&T and a slow to non- existent time for Verizon?
    I cant remember how Verizon was back then. I do know over the last 2 years Verizon has been up and down. If you want to go back to the beginning of these IMEI unlocks you'd have to go back to 2011 I think it was. For a few weeks there was a service that popped up that could unlock any iPhone on any carrier. Was some sort of backdoor to Apple's unlock server, was crazy expensive, in the $200 range I think. Apple shut that down in a week or so I think. At that time ATT iPhone IMEI unlocks were unheard of, they just wouldn't do it. So after this first "taste" the people offering these unlocks couldn't do ATT anymore but stayed around and started offering unlocks for different carriers around the world, different prices and different timelines based on carrier. Then the following year ATT all of a sudden started offering unlocks themselves in certain situations for iPhones. This opened the door for the unlockers to start offering it. Started off slow at first, and expensive. I think first unlocks I did for ATT in May 2012 were in the $175 range and took about a month to go through. Then slowly ATT unlocks started getting really fast to go through, and really cheap, leading up to about $1 cheapest I came across for 24 hr service, or about $5 for less than an hour. Then ATT closed the doors in Sept/Oct this year. They closed the GSX method and struck down hard on those inside their walls providing the service. Which is pretty much where we are today.

All I was trying to say is now ATT is more in line with the rest of the world as far as pricing and timelines offered by unlockers. Worse in some cases, better in others. Fastest unlocks going through right now would probably be Rogers Canada and Vodaphone UK I would say. 3 days or less for them right now. At one time Rogers was REALLY slow though. And another non-existant. I guess what I am trying to say is there is no downward spiral of the unloc business. It has been like this for the last 2/3 years for the rest of the world. Now ATT is just like them though. Which of course makes it finally news worthy to everyone in the US. Nothing's changed, you are just finally seeing it for what it is.

Thanks for the explanation. Makes it clearer. But you'd still be unwilling to accept that the more recent higher prices for AT&T and huge slow down are more about a crackdown? - where the slowness and greater expense near the beginning was more about a "new thing happening".. You just see both time periods as an ebb & flow? No crackdown now? If so - what made AT&T "close the doors" this fall?

Thanks

Dunno, you'd have to ask ATT. They didn't just crack down on iPhone unlocks btw. They cracked down on all phone unlocks. Ask anybody trying to get a Lumia ATT unlocked these days. Damn near impossible depending on model.

And yes, all an ebb & flow. ATT unlockers just got spoiled IMO. So cheap and fast for so long made us all take for granted (no pun intended lol ) how the rest of the world still had to do unlocks.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,051 Times in 6,140 Posts

granted (no pun intended lol )
    giggle giggle

13. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

Simon (12-28-2013)

Dunno, you'd have to ask ATT. They didn't just crack down on iPhone unlocks btw. They cracked down on all phone unlocks. Ask anybody trying to get a Lumia ATT unlocked these days. Damn near impossible depending on model..
    Yes, of course that would be the case.. Don't think I ever implied it ever had anything to do with device.. Clearly a carrier crackdown ( in my opinion still from the reading I've been doing ).
    And yes, all an ebb & flow. ATT unlockers just got spoiled IMO. So cheap and fast for so long made us all take for granted (no pun intended lol ) how the rest of the world still had to do unlocks.
    Time will tell. If it never gets cheaper again / and gets harder and harder.. then it's not ebb & flow.. but a crack down. You're probably right - you usually are about these things.. But there hasn't been enough pendulum swing to convince me. Time will tell.

Thanks for your input.

Thanks

Yup, time will indeed tell. Already been an ebb and flow with timeline. Not with prices yet though.

Will unlocking an iPhone 5s also bypass the activation screen?? And it's a tmobie iPhone
    Last edited by noork85; 12-29-2013 at 12:28 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by noork85 View Post
    Will unlocking an iPhone 5s also bypass the activation screen?? And it's a tmobie iPhone
    Depends. If it isn't linked to someone else's iCloud then yes.

Depends. If it isn't linked to someone else's iCloud then yes.
    im not sure how i would find out? on the activation screen it says to enter the user i.d. and login for an account i dont have.

Thanks

im not sure how i would find out? on the activation screen it says to enter the user i.d. and login for an account i dont have.
    Sounds like that phone is lost or stolen then. Only the person with that account can activate it. Unlocking it won't change that.

Sounds like that phone is lost or stolen then. Only the person with that account can activate it. Unlocking it won't change that.
    Hmm.. I've been able to put any of my kids' SIMs in my phone at that point of the startup and then enter "my" Apple ID and then it gets me past that window..

At the end of that process - if my phone's been unlocked prior to that the phone will then allow me to put my ATT or any sim in and it works..

My understanding is that all the phone needs at that point of startup is "any SIM " that's been 'previously' activated. Am I misunderstanding the question?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Ask the person you bought it from if they can remove their account from it. If they can't, it sounds like they stole a T-Mobile iPhone 5s and sold it to you.

Page 53 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3 435152535455 63 ... LastLast