+ Reply
Page 27 of 68 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 37 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Unlock Servers are down

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi Cowboy, How much do you charge for an IPhone 4 unlock from AT&T?
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi Cowboy,

How much do you charge for an IPhone 4 unlock from AT&T?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alexchag View Post
    Hi Cowboy,

How much do you charge for an IPhone 4 unlock from AT&T?

IDeviceGuys | iPhone and iPad Repair | Unlocks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This thread feels like it's becoming an online version of Jerry Springer… ;-)

I don't know what some of your expectations are. Nobody forces you to order from iDevices. If you have read anything on the web and done any searches the last 6 weeks you noticed that 99% of the sources have disappeared. People internally at/with ATT might have gotten fired and other channels are scared, so they are very careful and selective, which is understandable. So you might have to accept the fact that your new 5C/S is actually a discounted ATT phone or pony up the new rates and be patient like the T-Mobile guys had to be from day 1.

I used the $30 non iPhone order for a Nokia with Cowboy and it was listed as 24h processing. After 15 days I got my money back, and now a beta trial is $65. Am I angry? Well, lets say I am disappointed it did not work, but I know the $2.99 unlocks are gone. And I am disappointed that the process is what it is now, and I did not get this phone unlocked in September for $2.99. But it is what it is, and I don't want to blame Cowboy for that because he is just the middleman and messenger. Trust me, I tried 7-8 other sources before in early October, all failed, and now go and search for Lumia unlock and you won't even find anybody.

So give it a shot, be patient, and enjoy if it works, and if not, please don't blame him. It's ATT's crack down, and you have to decide how much money you are willing to spend for an unlock. This might be a good time to just wait 4-6 weeks and then try it again when the market has calmed down and prices might stabilize somewhere and we get reliable processing times. At this point, any insider facilitating this is taking a high risk and being slow and careful is prudent practice, and commanding a premium for that is more than understandable. You don't have to buy from iDevice, but you also don't have to spill this thread with this crab of 2 day software unlocks for a 5S. Those days are over.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kamaaina For This Useful Post:

drktoon (11-22-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Till this moment i have still not received my refund,nor has cowboy replied to any of my 9 email i have send him since yesterday,the Paypal claim has been filed but he also has failed to respond to it also.
    That alone to me shows his level of professionalism (none)
    In any business when a customer has waited far past the discussed timeframe u don't just go silent.
    U try to make the customer feel at ease and at the very least refund him when he requests for it.
    Thats the right way to do business.
    I feel we all been had,im just happy i was able to escalate my dispute and im happily awaiting my refund !

Off to the apple store to get me a FACTORY UNLOCKED IPHONE NOW !!

Lesson learned !

iPhone? More like MyPhone eliaskok's Avatar
    Thanks

I was reading an article and it was saying that is illegal to unlock a phone after 26th of January. What is that? :s

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Still no reply nor refund
    WELL NEW DAY
    STILL NO REPLY TO ANY OF MY EMAILS NOR REFUND FROM MR. COWBOY

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I think you donīt get any response because i hear from other sellers (AT&T unlock) that the server is down and nobody can go forward with the unlocks. One seller that you can trust is unlock2go and they donīt offer since two days AT&T unlocks.

Thatīs could be a reason why you donīt get any response and thatīs why it takes too long to get a unlock for AT&T....

Bye!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thats all nice news but my refund has nothing to do with ATT
    COWBOY has me waiting for almost a month while when i paid it would be a max of 10 days
    This aline entitles me to beeing able to rewuest a refund
    Which i did since 3 days ago now
    And im still awaiting ........ And that my friend has NOTHING to do with any unlock,att,or service beeing down !

This is jyst COWBOY REFUSING TO REFUND

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I try two different provifer for unlock AT&T one of them for 5s unlock 55$ and the other also for a 5s for 80$ they said it takes 12 days! I give you a feedback once i have a free iphone!

I hope it will work :-)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,269 Times in 7,004 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by THE NOOB View Post
    Thats all nice news but my refund has nothing to do with ATT
    COWBOY has me waiting for almost a month while when i paid it would be a max of 10 days
    This aline entitles me to beeing able to rewuest a refund
    Which i did since 3 days ago now
    And im still awaiting ........ And that my friend has NOTHING to do with any unlock,att,or service beeing down !

This is jyst COWBOY REFUSING TO REFUND
    You said you ordered on 28th right? So today would be the 19th business day since then. I'm not sure what his site said when you ordered it but if it said 15 business days for a refund (not the initial estimate time, the refund time) then you have a case. If it said 30 business days at that point then he may not be responding because you haven't reached that point yet. Dec 10th would be 30 business days since you ordered. Not trying to defend anyone but may be the reason why he isn't responding quite yet.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Although the iPhone 5s has now been around for two months, those looking to grab the SIM-free GSM smartphone online in the US haven’t been able to. But now, the official online Apple Store is playing ball, with shipping in the United States currently showing at 1-2 weeks from the point of sale, so realistically, you could have yours by the end of the month.

Owning a SIM-free GSM iPhone 5s is useful to those who travel often, since one can readily slip in a local SIM when travelling the world and take advantage of cheaper call, text and data costs for the duration of their trip.

The 16GB version of the newly-released flagship handset will set you back $649, the 32GB costs $749, and the costliest model is the 64GB variant, for which you will need to pony up $849.
    You Can Now Buy Unlocked SIM-free iPhone 5s Directly From Apple In The U.S. | Redmond Pie

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

i thought t-moble sim-free as been available since day 1, no?

Quote Originally Posted by kamaaina View Post
    Although the iPhone 5s has now been around for two months, those looking to grab the SIM-free GSM smartphone online in the US haven’t been able to. But now, the official online Apple Store is playing ball, with shipping in the United States currently showing at 1-2 weeks from the point of sale, so realistically, you could have yours by the end of the month.

Owning a SIM-free GSM iPhone 5s is useful to those who travel often, since one can readily slip in a local SIM when travelling the world and take advantage of cheaper call, text and data costs for the duration of their trip.

The 16GB version of the newly-released flagship handset will set you back $649, the 32GB costs $749, and the costliest model is the 64GB variant, for which you will need to pony up $849.
    You Can Now Buy Unlocked SIM-free iPhone 5s Directly From Apple In The U.S. | Redmond Pie

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Maybe this is just for online. Or maybe they made sure before that you left with a tMo account.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    When i made the purchase it said 5-10 days not even 15 !!
    Now it's 20 days already and still awaiting my unlock/refund and as u can clearly see he is not even acknowledging anything here on the forum either
    He just went QUIET all together !
    Not responding to anything nor anyone.
    Have even filed a claim with ebay for a refund and he also has failed to respond to that !

I don't like accusing people but he's making it very hard not to find it shady !

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

He has a reputation, and a legit business. Why would he trash that to all of a sudden steal people's money. He is not shady and that much is obvious. The problem is he is swamped, and recently he's had life issues as he pointed out before. Of course it's not the best business practice to let customers go without communication for a few days, but honestly it's not surprising since he is a one man show.

I'm just saying, you spent $100 on an iphone unlock during the worst possible time in history for unlocks, using the least efficient business possible to do so. I'm not saying you don't have a right to demand answers. Just be mindful of the situation as a whole, and be a little more realistic with your expectations.
    Last edited by JandoDat; 11-23-2013 at 03:04 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thumbs up Updates would help.
    I know that we are all a little frustrated with the new time frames that it takes to get these phones unlocked but we all know it is worth it. Maybe Cowboy could do himself and all of us waiting a small favor. Give us an update every day or two as to how many phones got processed and what date they were submitted, that way we would have a general idea of how much AT&T is stalling you thus removing any reason for people to complain. I know this may add a little to your workload Cowboy but it would probably go a long way in quelling the uprising that seems to be occurring here. I've waited this long and I will continue to wait until mine is done, but it would be nice for everyone involved to hear about some progress from day to day.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to satyrman For This Useful Post:

drktoon (11-25-2013), Om3r (11-23-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm curious to know when each one of you has submitted his request for unlock, it could be a good info to figure out which orders have been completed or not. Mine was at Oct 25, When did you make your order?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Ordered 13 IMEI on Oct. 26th. 10x 5C and 3x 5S.. so far only 1x 5S is done..

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Om3r For This Useful Post:

Acejin (11-23-2013), SDRebel (11-26-2013)

Thanks

He's a third party. He paid and submitted your imei to his source already and once submitted, his source won't refund til they gave up. If he refund you now, he's losing his money because he can't just cancel your imei. Got it.
    If he refund you now and later his source give up and refund his money back, that's great.
    If he refund you now and tomorrow your imei get unlocked. What's he gonna do? Ask you to pay?

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to holycowe For This Useful Post:

Cowboy (11-23-2013), kamaaina (11-24-2013), Simon (11-23-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,269 Times in 7,004 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by holycowe View Post
    He's a third party. He paid and submitted your imei to his source already and once submitted, his source won't refund til they gave up. If he refund you now, he's losing his money because he can't just cancel your imei. Got it.
    If he refund you now and later his source give up and refund his money back, that's great.
    If he refund you now and tomorrow your imei get unlocked. What's he gonna do? Ask you to pay?
    Don't think it could be explained any easier than that. Thx.