Page 20 of 69 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 30 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Unlock Servers are down

Lightbulb AT&T Sucks and I got an Idea !
    I'm starting to think that I should cancel my contract, pay the ETF Fee to bet it unlocked. Or get the R-SIM 9 temporarily until things get straightened out with the unlock market. That is so ridiculous though... If only I knew that its (almost) impossible to unlock AT&T 5C and 5S (which I have) I would have gotten it from T-Mobile (which lets you use any international SIM card, no unlock necessary) or Verizon (which come factory unlocked) instead of renewing 2 contracts with this God forsaken company. The problem is that by the time I realized the ATT shut-down, it was too late to return my devices without paying an ETF.

Now it seems if I want to IMEI unlock my devices (without the beta R-SIM 9), the only way to go would be paying the ETF as if AT&T are encouraging us to do so... If I do pay the ETF, why would I ever come back to AT&T for another contract upgrade... As if AT&T are encouraging you to not come back. Wouldn't it make more sense to just go with another provider that don't bully you (like T-Mobile or Verizon) when it comes to traveling and using an international SIM while away?

I've always loved AT&T and have been a loyal customer since 2001.

But sadly all this drama changes things especially for customers that have to travel over seas numerous times a year for 30 days or longer.

Now the Million $$$ question:

Does anyone know of a way or loophole to cancel a contract without having to pay for the ETF?

I actually pulled that off once with T-Mobile back in 2005. I had moved to an area in NC that there was no T-Mobile coverage and had to be roaming the whole time. Hence not able to use my data package or message package, and had to use pay-per use instead, so according to the contract T-Mobile agreed to cancel my contract based on the fact that I had moved to an out-of-coverage area.

I wonder if that or something similar would work with AT&T?

Has anybody tried?

Does anybody know of an area where AT&T doesn't have coverage or has to roam all the time?

Maybe we could cancel contract without having to pay the ETF and then legitimately unlock our phones!

What do you think?

I heard if you say you're going into service for military then you can cancel. No Charge. Get some documents and go do it.

Your phone is now unlocked please read the instructions below to finish your unlock.

Thanks a lot Cowboy =) just got confirmation for 1 of the 13 IMEI's i ordered.. but im sure we are on good hand with you..

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Om3r For This Useful Post:

Cowboy (11-10-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Om3r View Post
    Your phone is now unlocked please read the instructions below to finish your unlock.

Thanks a lot Cowboy =) just got confirmation for 1 of the 13 IMEI's i ordered.. but im sure we are on good hand with you..

What's the model?? 4,4s,5,5c,5s????

i placed 3x 5S and 10 5C... just got confirmation for 1x 5S

Quote Originally Posted by Om3r View Post
    i placed 3x 5S and 10 5C... just got confirmation for 1x 5S
    And when you place order??? This is great news!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tc2635 View Post
    And when you place order??? This is great news!!!
    25th October... guys just give him time.. time is hard for AT&T unlock and he is one of the few sources who can do the unlocks..

See see i am not just stealing your money guys I actually have a working (stupid slow) but working service lol

Should have tons more get completed this week so stay tuned finally getting caught up a little bit
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cowboy For This Useful Post:

kamaaina (11-11-2013), Om3r (11-10-2013)

cowboy!!! can you still unlock AT&T iPhone?

Hello Sir Cowboy, I just want to know how long will it takes for an At&t iphone 4 to get unlock? And much will it cost? Thank you!

Hi Cowboy, just want to confirm if you got my request or not, I sent it in by end of oct, it's an iphone 5s and the last 4 digit of the imei is 9306. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hroub2001 View Post
    I'm starting to think that I should cancel my contract, pay the ETF Fee to bet it unlocked.

Does anyone know of a way or loophole to cancel a contract without having to pay for the ETF? ... so according to the contract T-Mobile agreed to cancel my contract based on the fact that I had moved to an out-of-coverage area. I wonder if that or something similar would work with AT&T?
    I's going to be hard to claim to be in an area in the U.S. and not have ATT coverage. If you move outside, this might work, or if military and deployed, this will work. But claiming now you live on that dead spot where you cannot get any reception, not sure.

My 2 (4) cents:
    1) Paying ETF is not that bad. Your ATT plan covers the costs of the iPhone, so if you pay the ETF and sign-up for T-Mobile and bring your own device you will pay less on TMo. So if you have 22 months left on ATT and pay ETF 325 or so but then save $15/month times 22 month its basically the same, just that you have to pay the ETF upfront. But you own the device, plus…

Actually you are still getting a discount: An unlocked 5S 16GB phone costs you $650. With contract, you pay $200 down and owe 450. Then you pay $325 ETF and the phone is yours. You saved $125 right there. So the best time to cancel is actually in the first few months right after you got the phone, afterward you pay more "back" through your plan than the ETF gets reduced ($10/month).

2) T-Mobile gives you unlimited minutes + unlimited SMS with their plans, stuff you pay extra with ATT
    3) T-Mobile gives you the capability to use your phone as a wifi hotspot for the laptop (included in your plan), which is extra on ATT again
    4) T-Mobile provides now free international data roaming in gazillion countries. Slow speed (128k) after 200 MB or so, but still free. Enough for checking the emails and WhatsApp and so on.

So, if you have decent coverage where you are, I think TMo is a no-brainer, but if you travel a lot around the US, the coverage might not be as good as ATT yet. The speeds though might be higher in select cities.

The questions is though… when you cancel and pay ETF, are they (ATT) really gonna unlock your phone right away…??? Mine is unlocked, I will be paying ETF and switching in a week or two, but if I wasn't, the transition might not be as smooth… something to consider and maybe have a backup phone ready for a few days in between.
    Last edited by kamaaina; 11-11-2013 at 01:54 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    See see i am not just stealing your money guys I actually have a working (stupid slow) but working service lol

Should have tons more get completed this week so stay tuned finally getting caught up a little bit
    Thank you cowboy. I placed order at Oct. 25 and i think my iphone will unlock soon! I'm really looking forward about that! Cheer up cowboy !

Quote Originally Posted by kamaaina View Post
    My 2 (4) cents:
    1) Paying ETF is not that bad. Your ATT plan covers the costs of the iPhone, so if you pay the ETF and sign-up for T-Mobile and bring your own device you will pay less on TMo. So if you have 22 months left on ATT and pay ETF 325 or so but then save $15/month times 22 month its basically the same, just that you have to pay the ETF upfront. But you own the device, plus…

Actually you are still getting a discount: An unlocked 5S 16GB phone costs you $650. With contract, you pay $200 down and owe 450. Then you pay $325 ETF and the phone is yours. You saved $125 right there. So the best time to cancel is actually in the first few months right after you got the phone, afterward you pay more "back" through your plan than the ETF gets reduced ($10/month).
    Not exactly really thing about it
    If you buy a 16gb it's $200 on contract
    You pay 36 dollar activation/upgrade fee
    So there $236, now you have had your phone at least a month so you paying a minimum I believe of $75 dollars for the monthly service. So now your at $311 then you add your etf $325 bring your total to a minimum of $631 but most likely your going to have proration of your first month bill so my guess is you will be over the $650 dollar price point.
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks

Hi Cowboy, I sent you a question via your ideviceguys.com site requesting to unlock my family AT&T iphones. I made the mistake of having my numbers ported over to my T-Mobile account without knowing that the phones I purchased were locked with AT&T so i'm unable to any phone until resolved. Please can you help me?

Cowboy you are offering a service
    AT & T USA iPhone Activation Service (ZIP + SSN)
    if so, how much does it cost?
    thank you

HHowmuch does cowboy charge to factory unlock att usa iPhone 5s

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Мда...

Default Cowboy Cost
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelngu View Post
    HHowmuch does cowboy charge to factory unlock att usa iPhone 5s
    He charges $99 on his website, ideviceguys.com, but he hasn't put the iPhone unlock back up. He has been very busy doing all of our phones so he took it down for a few days so he could catch up. Should be back up soon again.

[QUOTE=satyrman;6961505]He charges $99 on his website, ideviceguys.com, but he hasn't put the iPhone unlock back up. He has been very busy doing all of our phones so he took it down for a few days so he could catch up. Should be back up soon again.[/QUOTE

dang that's pricey. Its not 25-50anymore?

Page 20 of 69 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 30 ... LastLast