Page 18 of 69 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 28 68 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Unlock Servers are down

Quote Originally Posted by jamaal2007 View Post
    Thank you sir

WOW This is a good read, everyone should take some time and read this.. if you want to get the full load on whats been going on

Starts here
    ================================================== ======
    AT&T iPhone Unlocking Down Worldwide since Tuesday – Suggest Permanent Shutdown!
    ATT Suspended iPhone Unlocking Permanently

ATT Suspended iPhone Unlocking Permanently

*UPDATE 10-7-2013 ON BOTTOM OF PAGE:

** Update 10-8-2013 ON BOTTOM OF PAGE

*** Update 11-4-2013 ON BOTTOM OF PAGE

On Tuesday earlier this week, 3rd party businesses offering factory unlocks for AT&T devices including the iPhone, reported significant delays in unlock request to AT&T. End users are able to pay these 3rd party providers to submit their unlock request directly without having to fulfill AT&T’s customer unlock requirements which mandate all request must be submitted by an active or former AT&T account holder.

In the grey-market, end-users, cell phone repair stores and wholesalers or used devices rely on these third party unlocking companies to circumvent the carriers requirements. After being being fully shut down for 4 days straight, direct unlocking companies are lost for words and signal that the shutdown could be permanent.

A college of mine called and asked if I could get an unlock done for him because his provided had been down for 2 days and asked if I was able to submit it through our unlock company. After sending over the IMEI, I went to our portal to submit the unlock request only to find that services were limited and the cost increased from .60 cents to $22. A few hours after submitted the request, I was refunded in full with the following message:

ALL AT&T services are down and not operational. It’s DOWN WORLDWIDE. THAT MEANS EVERYONE, NOT JUST OUR COMPANY. This means absolutely no one can process them right now. There is no ETA for all we know its down for good. If there are “COMPANIES” that promote it working, good luck on getting your money back. We were the direct suppliers for AT&T Services & there is new policies to abide making it almost impossible to unlock phones with AT&T.

I thought maybe the recent government shutdown might have something to do with the extended unlock downtime. However, direct unlock wholesalers quickly confirmed it has nothing to do with the politicians inability to pass a bill that resulted in a partial shutdown during the same week in time. To my surprise, there seems to be very little to no press around the issue on any of the popular tech and mobile phone forms and news websites that were quick to cover the announcement of such services earlier last year.

AT&T’s website still indicates that active customers of their postpaid plans and prepaid Go Phone users can still submit device unlock request given the eligibility requirements are met. This suggest that AT&T is most likely behind the unlock shutdown for 3rd party providers.

This is sure to gain some serious press early next week. Everyone from iPhone repair shops, wholesalers, international mobile traders and end-consumers relied on this 3rd party service to unlock their devices. Everyone, including us is patiently waiting for any new information regarding last week’s shutdown and future of the 3rd party unlocking industry.
    Update On IMEI Unlocking Shutdown 10-7-2013

Unlocking is still down as of Monday morning. Many were expecting to have updated news Monday morning, however no new news is simply more bad news. It appears as if AT&T is not the one to blame for the unlocking shutdown last week. Many sources in the unlocking community suggest that 3rd party providers who use an Apple GSX Exploit Method for Unlocking have been shut down.
    What is Apple GSX Unlocking Exploit?

LetsUnlockiPhone.com describes this method as:

This system is available to particular groups of users. For example, you can use it if you are a service provider and need to order device’s parts or process repairs [for official Apple service providers]. But you cannot access it if you are an ordinary user. Secondly, there is no way for you to unlock iPhone with GSX if you are not one of authorized service providers working in partnership with Apple. In other words, if you don’t have a GSX account you are not eligible to get unlock for your iPhone. Surely, there is a way to get such account if you become friends with iPhone carriers or repair shops that already have one.

Our interpretation suggest that some 3rd party “Officially Authorized Server Providers” for Apple have access to a tool that gives them the capability to submit IMEI unlocks directly while bypassing AT&T’s unlock requirements all together. Most of the major unlock service providers most likely do not have a GSX account themselves, but are relying on an a network of GSX account holders to submit the IMEI unlocks for them. Using the GSX Account solely for this purpose without actually having to service the handset would be considered “unauthorized use”. This widespread abuse of such a tool caused Apple to shutdown the system entirely.
    How Can I Get My AT&T iPhone Unlocked Now?

You still have a few options. This would mainly apply to end-users as all the suggestions below are not something any business would easily replicate for bulk IMEI unlocking or wouldn’t make financial sense compared to their cost of under $1 unlocks.

If your an AT&T/GoPhone Customer - You can submit 5 IMEI unlock request per year per account holder for free online through AT&T’s website. The iPhone does not have to be one you bought from AT&T, but the used device must still fulfill the original account holders contract obligations. Go Phone subscribers must have had 6 months of service in order to fulfill the request.
    Have a friend who’s an AT&T / Go Phone Customer - Find a friend or who is an AT&T or Go Phone subscriber to submit your IMEI for you. Offer him/her lunch or a drink of their choice in exchange for the favor.
    Alternative 3rd Party Online Service Providers – Not all service providers are shut down. The GSX method surely provided the most direct approach with only an IMEI needing to be submitted electronically. There are IMEI unlocking providers still out there online that offer the service. I’m not exactly sure of their approach but the cost for all of them is significantly higher ($25-$60). I’m confident their “secret method” requires many more steps than the GSX method and therefore the price is adjusted accordingly. I’ve used three successfully since last week’s shutdown, a few of them being BlowFish Unlocks ($22 – 24 Hour Service) and iDeviceGuys.com ($25 1-5 Days). The others are through somewhat “unofficial” channels such as Apple forums and community websites.
    Buy Verizon iPhone 5 or 5s - Verizon iPhone 5 and 5s already come factory unlocked for the GSM network out of the box. The same could be said to buy an iPhone that’s not on AT&T’s network as unlocking for other networked locked phones seems to still be chugging along (at an increased expense).
    Gevey Sim Card – These things were king of the land before AT&T announced IMEI unlocking. These hardware unlocking devices are cheap to buy. Honestly though for a few bucks more you can get it factory unlocked and carriers a much higher resale value when you go to sell and don’t have to worry about compatibility if you upgrade to new software through iTunes.

Regardless of this shutdown, we’re still anxious to get an official statement from Apple or AT&T about the issue. We’ll keep you posted and update the blog post when something comes in.
    Update On IMEI Unlocking Shutdown 10-8-2013

Confirmed from a few legitimate sources, we can now confirm the shutdown stems from AT&T’s side. The masses of unlockers (mostly the larger guys pushing volume at the under $1 range) used a handful of direct sources to AT&T to fulfill their customers unlocking request (or had direct access themselves). AT&T unlocking requirements were simply not checked as hard or prevented through this direct channel compared to individual contract customers requirements. AT&T simply decided to become more strict overnight and instead of policing the IMEI unlock submissions they disabled a majority of the direct sources access and only left a few options and vendors access intact. This doesn’t mean everyone who was working direct was abusing the system. It simply means that direct supply is now limited to far fewer direct vendors. With these vendors having less competition to worry about, prices will go up.

Most unlock vendors have since reinstated IMEI unlocking services on their website along with IMEI Status checks; at a varying cost of $20-$35 per unlock. Expect the cost to remain in the same ball park for the long haul and kiss the days of cheap (under $1) unlocks goodbye forever!
    Update On IMEI Unlocking Shutdown 11-4-2013

Unlocking prices have skyrocketed to around $100 a piece. Even at such price, customers are experiencing extremely delayed unlocking times mostly refunds and empty promises from reputable unlocking companies. These companies are experiencing changes every few days and most might not admit so, but they really shouldn’t even be offering unlocking services now. If you submit an unlock at this point, even at a high price, you can only cross your fingers and hope that your IMEI gets submitted and if fails, that your vendor will refund you promptly. Speaking on the phone this week with a few clients, pretty much no one is able to submit an IMEI successfully with any vendor at any price unless you’re an AT&T customer.

I’ve been banned from a few forms, send some nasty comments and received some wild e-mails for even referencing that an unlocking shutdown was coming. Mostly because these admins wanted to continue to collect customers money and hope that they weren’t further restricted. All I can say at this point is this:

I do not know ONE unlocking company that can truthfully guarantee successful unlocking of one or many devices via IMEI for iPhones ANYWHERE as of today.
    Cowboy can guarantee our unlocks because every day he have iphone's unlocked. I believe in his word and I think every people placed orders believe.

If you read last posts he said every day unlock iphone's with success.

jamaal2007 - WOW! Thank you for this massive information!

In fact, after reading everything you wrote, I feel more concerned about the chances of my iPhone to be unlocked. Furthermore, Cowboy said he gets 1000(!) requests per a day which makes me think that eventually I'll finish with a refund, how can he accept so many requests for unlock when the quantity for unlock per a day is so minimal? I've been waiting for 13 days until now, and honestly I don't mind waiting even until the end of the month, the only thing I care about is to get a confirmation that the unlock process will be completed, that's all.

jamaal2007 - Can you unlock iPhone 5s? If so, Can you provide an accurate estimated time? I have two more iPhone`s that I am interested to unlock.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Acejin For This Useful Post:

jamaal2007 (11-06-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by tc2635 View Post
    Cowboy can guarantee our unlocks because every day he have iphone's unlocked. I believe in his word and I think every people placed orders believe.

If you read last posts he said every day unlock iphone's with success.
    I am in no way taking sides in this situation, or saying anyone is wrong or right, we are all here to get updates on whats going on and more info from each other. So i am only sharing my knowledge with others on the forum.

So if cowboy can do the unlocks more power to him, if he is giving false information to people and he knows other wise( not saying he is) thats between him and his inner conscience.

So like i said we are here to share the knowledge and help each other out so instead of looking at others faults, lets just try to find a way to get our iphones unlocked and for me to put smiles on my customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Acejin View Post
    jamaal2007 - WOW! Thank you for this massive information!

In fact, after reading everything you wrote, I feel more concerned about the chances of my iPhone to be unlocked. Furthermore, Cowboy said he gets 1000(!) requests per a day which makes me think that eventually I'll finish with a refund, how can he accept so many requests for unlock when the quantity for unlock per a day is so minimal? I've been waiting for 13 days until now, and honestly I don't mind waiting even until the end of the month, the only thing I care about is to get a confirmation that the unlock process will be completed, that's all.

jamaal2007 - Can you unlock iPhone 5s? If so, Can you provide an accurate estimated time? I have two more iPhone`s that I am interested to unlock.
    At this moment i dont think anyone can do i5 5s 5c, (until further update) i will post as soon as i find out otherwise...having said that i can do

AT&T USA - iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S
    $85USD Delivery Time
    1-7 Days

that is for factory unlock, or if you give it sometime im testing out a cheaper alternative and will post a video on my youtube channel by monday next week on how to unlock any carrier for around $20
    Last edited by jamaal2007; 11-06-2013 at 06:22 PM.

Can you still unlock iPhones, I would like more information

what's your website?

let me know how do i contact you?
    Last edited by ericksideas; 11-06-2013 at 08:45 PM.

Default Question Jamaal2007
    "Have a friend who’s an AT&T / Go Phone Customer - Find a friend or who is an AT&T or Go Phone subscriber to submit your IMEI for you. Offer him/her lunch or a drink of their choice in exchange for the favor."

Have you ever seen this work? I tried it with a friends account and my IMEI. It came back with
    "The information provided does not match the information on the account"

Not sure what they wanted.

Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Elgato View Post
    "Have a friend who’s an AT&T / Go Phone Customer - Find a friend or who is an AT&T or Go Phone subscriber to submit your IMEI for you. Offer him/her lunch or a drink of their choice in exchange for the favor."

Have you ever seen this work? I tried it with a friends account and my IMEI. It came back with
    "The information provided does not match the information on the account"

Not sure what they wanted.

Thanks
    Does your friend has account (GoPhone) with AT&T at least 6 months? If not then this is a reason why AT&T didn't unlock. And probably AT&T couldn't identify device that you provide in order to unlock with device that AT&T account registered with. I mean they can somehow identify devices

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    Please look at the post above thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wanji View Post
    So you can refund $45 while they're still processing and you want more money, but you won't refund $100 when it's still processing and I don't want to use your service anymore? Is that the kind of business that you run?
    I paid the 45$ and got a refund put the post says that the 45$ orders are still in process. I have asked this question on the site but never got a response so I guess I have to go to this post to get answers from him. My question is I don't have a problem waiting for the 45$ to process if they really are processing or are they still on his desk??? I just don’t understand who people are getting unlocked and we are still waiting for Oct 21 order to unlock… do they just want more money? I just want a really answer
    Last edited by jalrussell; 11-07-2013 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jalrussell View Post
    I paid the 45$ and got a refund put the post says that the 45$ orders are still in process. I have asked this question on the site but never got a response so I guess I have to go to this post to get answers from him. My question is I don't have a problem waiting for the 45$ to process if they really are processing or are they still on his desk??? I just don’t understand who people are getting unlocked and we are still waiting for Oct 21 order to unlock… do they just want more money? I just want a really answer
    I think it is quite clear that all orders made at 45$ were canceled and cannot be unlocked.
    I personally waiting for unlock from Oct 24 and I paid the full price of 99$. I hope it will be done this week.

I think it is quite clear that all orders made at 45$ were canceled and cannot be unlocked.
    I personally waiting for unlock from Oct 24 and I paid the full price of 99$. I hope it will be done this week.
    what device you ordered??
    ---------
    iPhone 5S lastest iOS

Quote Originally Posted by Om3r View Post
    I personally waiting for unlock from Oct 27 and I paid the full price of 99$. I hope it will be done this week.

My phone is iphone 5, what you think?

I see that the iPhone unlock has been pulled down from the site.
    May i know when it will be available again. I want to unlock an iPhone 5S AT&T

Quote Originally Posted by Om3r View Post
    I requested to unlock an iPhone 5s.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question I desperately need to unlock my iphone 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    It was actually done before i believe before 24 hours but i require sleep every now and then so just got around to emailing everyone lol

Thanks for your purchases and kind words

Can you help me please I am in Belize and in desperate need of unlocking my iphone 5 on ATT.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    All unlockers are having the same issues. It just takes time. I've had 2 phones successfully unlocked on 2 separate sites but they both took about 5 days. (an iPhone 4 and a 4s). Just be patient. It'll happen.

Anyone with an iphone 5 successfully unlocked?

Well, you could have just posted the link to the source as well:
    AT&T iPhone Unlocking Services Suspended -Shutdown Likely For Good

It was also already posted in another thread here on this site:
    AT&T iPhone Unlocking Down Worldwide since Tuesday - Suggest Permanent Shutdown!

Anyway, nothing really in there at this point that's not already discussed or experienced by the visitors of this thread. ;-)

hi
    Well what?
    somebody got the unlock iphone 5?

Default Asking a Friend to Submit an Unlock?
    Has anyone seen this work?

Obviously my IMEI would never have been associated with their account. Do they want the phone number that was associated with the phone or one from their account?

Seems like you would always have a mismatch.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tc2635 View Post
    Anyone with an iphone 5 successfully unlocked?
    I'd like to know that as well. I've been looking around for a while now, but thus far, no one has been able to unlock my ATT iPhone 5.
    Last edited by Instinct; 11-08-2013 at 07:50 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It was not quite clear as you say the last I heard from his was he was going to refund the 45$ but they are still in PROCESS but if you would like it faster them pay the 99$... not quite clear! He never said they were canceled so I took he word and I am waiting.
    Last edited by jalrussell; 11-08-2013 at 07:54 AM.

Page 18 of 69 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 28 68 ... LastLast