Page 17 of 69 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 27 67 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Unlock Servers are down

He ordered at the $45 dollar price point see date which i did refund everyone whose didn't get done.
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

for information only
    information on what is happening with at&t is very useful

Oh okay well thanks for clarifying it.

Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

at least if he cant unlock our devices he refund to your paypal account.. not credit refund like others site doing..
    ---------
    iPhone 5S lastest iOS

Cowboy I emailed you 24 hours ago for a refund, you took the time to post in here, which you apparently "don't like doing" but couldn't take the time to respond to a personal email. Give me a refund on my $100 ASAP. I've sold my locked phone and purchased an unlocked one in a couple of hours. Doesn't make sense that you can't unlock or respond within the same amount of time... Just so everyone knows, I didn't loose any money selling the locked one and buying a new one. As long as cowboy refunds me it'll be an even trade, and LESS TIME TO WAIT. I'm for sure getting my unlocked phone Monday. No offense to your business, but it's just not worth the wait. REFUND PLEASE.

I have responded to you thanks. And you selling your phone is not my problem you took matters into your own hands. Like i said in the description if you can't be patient don't order. You ignored my warning signs
    Last edited by Cowboy; 11-06-2013 at 01:05 PM.

You refunded the $45 when you requested more money from me without a problem. It's okay for you to refund when you want more money but it's not okay to refund my $100 when I sell my own phone and fix my issue myself? I waited patiently for the unlock to go through and refuse to wait until another holiday for that phone to be unlocked. What kind of a business are you running? Refund my order IMMEDIATELY.

Quote Originally Posted by wanji View Post
    You refunded the $45 when you requested more money from me without a problem. It's okay for you to refund when you want more money but it's not okay to refund my $100 when I sell my own phone and fix my issue myself? I waited patiently for the unlock to go through and refuse to wait until another holiday for that phone to be unlocked. What kind of a business are you running? Refund my order IMMEDIATELY.
    Please look at the post above thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    A friend of mine used IDeviceGuys | iPhone and iPad Repair | Unlocks and I used FACTORY UNLOCK - iphone solutions LLC and we were both unlocked (both of us have 4s) within 5 days. So I think it's taking all unlockers about the same period of time. People need to just be patient.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to edaweflow For This Useful Post:

Cowboy (11-06-2013), kamaaina (11-07-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,476 Times in 7,086 Posts

This kind of posts shows exactly how much you know about the current ATT unlock situation: Zero
    His description clearly stated do not order if you are not willing to wait up to 15 business days. You changing your mind about it is not his problem, he has had to pay his source to do it all the same and they sure won't refund him just because you decided to go a different route.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Cowboy (11-06-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    Hi Guys, small update.
    Everyone that has paid for the $45 dollar service is getting a refunded and should have already received it if not email me. Your unlocks are still processing I am just not getting a sold ETA on when they will all be complete, so for that reason you are getting a refund. If you would like a faster unlock you can go to the site and reorder and it will for sure be done in the 1-5 day time frame. I am not sure when the $45 dollar orders will be completed they are going through just rather slowly.

If any has any questions please email me at [email protected]

Thanks,
    Cowboy

So you can refund $45 while they're still processing and you want more money, but you won't refund $100 when it's still processing and I don't want to use your service anymore? Is that the kind of business that you run?

Simon get your head out of Cowboy's ***. I'm just trying to understand how he can refund a processing $45 order but not a processing $100. I understand AT&T unlocks, you ****. And according to every business I've spoken to, none of them are going through.

And Cowboy, I will wait the remaining 5 days for my unlock to (not) go through. I didn't mean to be so rude to you, but you have to understand that I'm upset. I miss using my iPhone.

Simon get your head out of Cowboy's ***. I'm just trying to understand how he can refund a processing $45 order but not a processing $100. I understand AT&T unlocks, you ****. And according to every business I've spoken to, none of them are going through.

And Cowboy, I will wait the remaining 5 days for my unlock to (not) go through. I didn't mean to be so rude to you, but you have to understand that I'm upset. I miss using my iPhone.
    Okay you will need to stop being disrespectful now thank you. I am answering your emails promptly your just starting drama.

You cursing and being disrespectful will not be tolerated here or in pm or in my email.

Now i expect an apologize to Simon.

I don't care if you apologize to me or not but you will respect other mods

And here is the reason i refunded the $45 dollar unlocks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    Hi Guys, small update.
    Everyone that has paid for the $45 dollar service is getting a refunded and should have already received it if not email me. Your unlocks are still processing I am just not getting a sold ETA on when they will all be complete, so for that reason you are getting a refund. If you would like a faster unlock you can go to the site and reorder and it will for sure be done in the 1-5 day time frame. I am not sure when the $45 dollar orders will be completed they are going through just rather slowly.

If any has any questions please email me at [email protected]

Thanks,
    Cowboy
    Last edited by Cowboy; 11-06-2013 at 01:32 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,476 Times in 7,086 Posts

Lol, "how to get banned in 10 minutes or less".

I understand AT&T unlocks, you ****. And according to every business I've spoken to, none of them are going through.
    You really don't.

Ohh guys guys!!!
    If someone of you - will try to understand the situation it will be more informative to use this thread.

I'm truly telling you that my iPhone 4s - was unlocked by Cowboy and I'm happy that kind of person still have patience to serve all those terrible things like reading claiming posts etc...
    From myself i'd like to Thank ideviceguys for serving mine and it was unlocked in 6 days - 4 business days.
    I don't know situation with unlock technology now, but i think that all unlocks are made manually by contacting AT&T staff and providing SSN and other legal info, don't know really.

I fully trust Cowboy and now patiently waiting for unlock to be processed in order to place 3 more 4s's, but already paid for Ultra S in order at minimum to include in phone boxes and sell them.

We don't need to panic I think, and just do our best

Default Correct Info, Thank you Kamaaina :)
    Quote Originally Posted by kamaaina View Post
    For what it's worth, I tried the ATT chat with another phone and they even have it posted on the chat window now.

Welcome to AT&T's International Care live chat. In order to provide you with fast and accurate service, please answer the following questions. ************************************************** ********************* (NOTE: FOR IPHONE UNLOCK CODE REQUESTS please visit www.att.com/deviceunlock for assistance - Unfortunately we are unable to process these requests through chat)

Even though I have been a customer for 6+ years with iPhones and basically on a $100/m plan they would not unlock a secondary travel device (non iPhone but GoPhone) as it did not fulfill the 60 days on the account requirement. They seem to be really going by the book right now. I will try another agent next week or so. That said, if I would activate it on the account I might be able to unlock it after 60 days, but I wanted to be with T-Mobile by then…

Did anybody try to get a phone unlocked in a store? I assume they can't do it but who knows.

The E-Network seems to be a current problem with all of the R-SIM cards according to some eBay posts:
    *Please note, in iOS7, some Sprint iPhone models SMS don't work. Currently 3G is not working in iOS7 in all models, only "E" network can be worked. RSIM company is working on the patch to resolve it.

I had the Gevey SIM for the 4S in the past and mine worked fine but I recall there were earlier versions or Phone Models (4) were there were SMS issues and stuff like that. These hardware/SW-"patch-combos" usually need to some time to get the kinks worked out. Maybe my Gevey SIM is actually worth something again today with the unlock troubles… I guess just not working with iOS 7.

Thanks for the informative info Kamaaina, i have a mobile store do tons of unlocks daily, so this unlock problem really hit home..i still unlock for people for $99 but its expensive for many. So im trying to figure out a work around, and so far i been hearing that R-SIM for $15 are the way to go..Neter - GPP -and Gevey aren't that reliable at the moment, having said that even R-SIM will only have your calls working and sometimes sms and data will work and other times it will not... Anyway i have ordered the 9 Pro and will be receiving it shortly. When i do i will add tutorials to my existing videos on my channel, i hope it will help you guys out ... Don't forget to subscribe to my channel on JGTechBlog - YouTube

By the way does anyone have a trusted source where to get these products ? the R-SIM, Gevey etc.. ? just asking because there are many scam unauthentic websites out there, and even scam sellers on ebay. So i was thinking if anyone has bought these cards and where authentic.. maybe we can start a list of trusted websites and sellers. I will start by posting the site and seller i bought from but only after i make sure they are legit and aren't knockoffs so that no one has to go through the misery of being scammed. Will be awaiting your replies, and will update you guys when i receive my shipment.

Default AT&T Logic??
    Is there any chance the refunded $45 unlocks could still be processed?
    Thanks

After PR releases from AT&T Corporate stating that phone unlocking is irrelevant and they will unlock phones quickly and easily they do just the opposite. What is their logic?? Some moron middle manager decided to save the company???

"If we keep ALL phones locked (while publicly saying its not an issue) customers will have to stay with us thus stemming the flood to other carriers"

"People already hate us, lets teach them a lesson"

"We will show them who's property it is!!!"

"Lets make sure we stay consistent with our already dismal customer NO-SERVICE policy?"
    Last edited by Elgato; 11-06-2013 at 04:48 PM.

Hey is something going on ? my posts are not coming up ? and others posted after me and they have been posted

Can one of the admins approve my post, i wrote a really long post that i think will help benefit many on this thread and those that navigate to it from search engines. I posted it twice but it sent me a message "Waiting for approval by admin"
    Last edited by jamaal2007; 11-06-2013 at 05:09 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jamaal2007 View Post
    Hey is something going on ? my posts are not coming up ? and others posted after me and they have been posted

Can one of the admins approve my post, i wrote a really long post that i think will help benefit many on this thread and those that navigate to it from search engines. I posted it twice but it sent me a message "Waiting for approval by admin"
    Whoops, got caught in our anti-spam system. Should be all better now.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Orby For This Useful Post:

jamaal2007 (11-06-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Whoops, got caught in our anti-spam system. Should be all better now.
    Thank you sir

WOW This is a good read, everyone should take some time and read this.. if you want to get the full load on whats been going on

Starts here
    ================================================== ======
    AT&T iPhone Unlocking Down Worldwide since Tuesday – Suggest Permanent Shutdown!
    ATT Suspended iPhone Unlocking Permanently

ATT Suspended iPhone Unlocking Permanently

*UPDATE 10-7-2013 ON BOTTOM OF PAGE:

** Update 10-8-2013 ON BOTTOM OF PAGE

*** Update 11-4-2013 ON BOTTOM OF PAGE

On Tuesday earlier this week, 3rd party businesses offering factory unlocks for AT&T devices including the iPhone, reported significant delays in unlock request to AT&T. End users are able to pay these 3rd party providers to submit their unlock request directly without having to fulfill AT&T’s customer unlock requirements which mandate all request must be submitted by an active or former AT&T account holder.

In the grey-market, end-users, cell phone repair stores and wholesalers or used devices rely on these third party unlocking companies to circumvent the carriers requirements. After being being fully shut down for 4 days straight, direct unlocking companies are lost for words and signal that the shutdown could be permanent.

A college of mine called and asked if I could get an unlock done for him because his provided had been down for 2 days and asked if I was able to submit it through our unlock company. After sending over the IMEI, I went to our portal to submit the unlock request only to find that services were limited and the cost increased from .60 cents to $22. A few hours after submitted the request, I was refunded in full with the following message:

ALL AT&T services are down and not operational. It’s DOWN WORLDWIDE. THAT MEANS EVERYONE, NOT JUST OUR COMPANY. This means absolutely no one can process them right now. There is no ETA for all we know its down for good. If there are “COMPANIES” that promote it working, good luck on getting your money back. We were the direct suppliers for AT&T Services & there is new policies to abide making it almost impossible to unlock phones with AT&T.

I thought maybe the recent government shutdown might have something to do with the extended unlock downtime. However, direct unlock wholesalers quickly confirmed it has nothing to do with the politicians inability to pass a bill that resulted in a partial shutdown during the same week in time. To my surprise, there seems to be very little to no press around the issue on any of the popular tech and mobile phone forms and news websites that were quick to cover the announcement of such services earlier last year.

AT&T’s website still indicates that active customers of their postpaid plans and prepaid Go Phone users can still submit device unlock request given the eligibility requirements are met. This suggest that AT&T is most likely behind the unlock shutdown for 3rd party providers.

This is sure to gain some serious press early next week. Everyone from iPhone repair shops, wholesalers, international mobile traders and end-consumers relied on this 3rd party service to unlock their devices. Everyone, including us is patiently waiting for any new information regarding last week’s shutdown and future of the 3rd party unlocking industry.
    Update On IMEI Unlocking Shutdown 10-7-2013

Unlocking is still down as of Monday morning. Many were expecting to have updated news Monday morning, however no new news is simply more bad news. It appears as if AT&T is not the one to blame for the unlocking shutdown last week. Many sources in the unlocking community suggest that 3rd party providers who use an Apple GSX Exploit Method for Unlocking have been shut down.
    What is Apple GSX Unlocking Exploit?

LetsUnlockiPhone.com describes this method as:

This system is available to particular groups of users. For example, you can use it if you are a service provider and need to order device’s parts or process repairs [for official Apple service providers]. But you cannot access it if you are an ordinary user. Secondly, there is no way for you to unlock iPhone with GSX if you are not one of authorized service providers working in partnership with Apple. In other words, if you don’t have a GSX account you are not eligible to get unlock for your iPhone. Surely, there is a way to get such account if you become friends with iPhone carriers or repair shops that already have one.

Our interpretation suggest that some 3rd party “Officially Authorized Server Providers” for Apple have access to a tool that gives them the capability to submit IMEI unlocks directly while bypassing AT&T’s unlock requirements all together. Most of the major unlock service providers most likely do not have a GSX account themselves, but are relying on an a network of GSX account holders to submit the IMEI unlocks for them. Using the GSX Account solely for this purpose without actually having to service the handset would be considered “unauthorized use”. This widespread abuse of such a tool caused Apple to shutdown the system entirely.
    How Can I Get My AT&T iPhone Unlocked Now?

You still have a few options. This would mainly apply to end-users as all the suggestions below are not something any business would easily replicate for bulk IMEI unlocking or wouldn’t make financial sense compared to their cost of under $1 unlocks.

If your an AT&T/GoPhone Customer - You can submit 5 IMEI unlock request per year per account holder for free online through AT&T’s website. The iPhone does not have to be one you bought from AT&T, but the used device must still fulfill the original account holders contract obligations. Go Phone subscribers must have had 6 months of service in order to fulfill the request.
    Have a friend who’s an AT&T / Go Phone Customer - Find a friend or who is an AT&T or Go Phone subscriber to submit your IMEI for you. Offer him/her lunch or a drink of their choice in exchange for the favor.
    Alternative 3rd Party Online Service Providers – Not all service providers are shut down. The GSX method surely provided the most direct approach with only an IMEI needing to be submitted electronically. There are IMEI unlocking providers still out there online that offer the service. I’m not exactly sure of their approach but the cost for all of them is significantly higher ($25-$60). I’m confident their “secret method” requires many more steps than the GSX method and therefore the price is adjusted accordingly. I’ve used three successfully since last week’s shutdown, a few of them being BlowFish Unlocks ($22 – 24 Hour Service) and iDeviceGuys.com ($25 1-5 Days). The others are through somewhat “unofficial” channels such as Apple forums and community websites.
    Buy Verizon iPhone 5 or 5s - Verizon iPhone 5 and 5s already come factory unlocked for the GSM network out of the box. The same could be said to buy an iPhone that’s not on AT&T’s network as unlocking for other networked locked phones seems to still be chugging along (at an increased expense).
    Gevey Sim Card – These things were king of the land before AT&T announced IMEI unlocking. These hardware unlocking devices are cheap to buy. Honestly though for a few bucks more you can get it factory unlocked and carriers a much higher resale value when you go to sell and don’t have to worry about compatibility if you upgrade to new software through iTunes.

Regardless of this shutdown, we’re still anxious to get an official statement from Apple or AT&T about the issue. We’ll keep you posted and update the blog post when something comes in.
    Update On IMEI Unlocking Shutdown 10-8-2013

Confirmed from a few legitimate sources, we can now confirm the shutdown stems from AT&T’s side. The masses of unlockers (mostly the larger guys pushing volume at the under $1 range) used a handful of direct sources to AT&T to fulfill their customers unlocking request (or had direct access themselves). AT&T unlocking requirements were simply not checked as hard or prevented through this direct channel compared to individual contract customers requirements. AT&T simply decided to become more strict overnight and instead of policing the IMEI unlock submissions they disabled a majority of the direct sources access and only left a few options and vendors access intact. This doesn’t mean everyone who was working direct was abusing the system. It simply means that direct supply is now limited to far fewer direct vendors. With these vendors having less competition to worry about, prices will go up.

Most unlock vendors have since reinstated IMEI unlocking services on their website along with IMEI Status checks; at a varying cost of $20-$35 per unlock. Expect the cost to remain in the same ball park for the long haul and kiss the days of cheap (under $1) unlocks goodbye forever!
    Update On IMEI Unlocking Shutdown 11-4-2013

Unlocking prices have skyrocketed to around $100 a piece. Even at such price, customers are experiencing extremely delayed unlocking times mostly refunds and empty promises from reputable unlocking companies. These companies are experiencing changes every few days and most might not admit so, but they really shouldn’t even be offering unlocking services now. If you submit an unlock at this point, even at a high price, you can only cross your fingers and hope that your IMEI gets submitted and if fails, that your vendor will refund you promptly. Speaking on the phone this week with a few clients, pretty much no one is able to submit an IMEI successfully with any vendor at any price unless you’re an AT&T customer.

I’ve been banned from a few forms, send some nasty comments and received some wild e-mails for even referencing that an unlocking shutdown was coming. Mostly because these admins wanted to continue to collect customers money and hope that they weren’t further restricted. All I can say at this point is this:

I do not know ONE unlocking company that can truthfully guarantee successful unlocking of one or many devices via IMEI for iPhones ANYWHERE as of today.
    Last edited by jamaal2007; 11-06-2013 at 05:16 PM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to jamaal2007 For This Useful Post:

Acejin (11-06-2013)

Page 17 of 69 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 27 67 ... LastLast