Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help with activating an ATT 4S linked to apple ID

Hey guys, been a long time forum member since my first original iPhone...i have an unlocked 4s on Tmobile, JB, whole nine yards, etc..

Ok, so this request is for a friend of mine...he's a foreign guy, doesn't speak much english, and I"m hoping he didn't get swindled. He traded some tools to a guy for an AT&T 4S.....it wasn't activated, so i started the process for him (I cant' tell what IOS version it is, but i don't think it's 7).....when i got to second or third step, it said it was linked to somebody's icloud account, and i would have to sign into that account to proceed.

So, obviously my friend doesn't know the account, i'm sure the guy he got it from isn't the original owner....could be stolen, lost, etc., i have no idea.

I just want to see if there's a way to activate it? Or bypass activation? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks a lot.

-Tarheelwes

Actually, it might be upgraded to ios 7, because i read this on a different site:

When you enable Find My iPhone on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch running iOS 7, the Apple ID and password you use for iCloud is securely stored on Apple’s activation servers and linked to your device. From that point on, your password will be required before anyone can turn off Find My iPhone on your device, erase your device, or reactivate and use your device.

Activation Lock is enabled automatically when you turn on Find My iPhone in iOS 7, or when you upgrade to iOS 7 from a previous version of iOS that has Find My iPhone already turned on.

The notice i am getting saying that the owner has turned on "find my iphone"....so, does anybody know if anything can be done?
    Last edited by tarheelwes; 09-27-2013 at 12:00 PM.

set up the iphone to DFU mode, than do the update and install the new IOS, problem solve.
    If the phone is locked to AT&T, go to eBay find those unlock service

Thanks
    Thanked 15,550 Times in 7,109 Posts

If it was on iOS7 and linked to someones iCloud there is nothing you can do to bypass that part of activation without that persons apple id and password. New security measures in iOS7.

Activation Lock BYPASS iOS 7 Download file CleanFiles Download File: ICloud-iOS-7-Bypass.zip.... to bypass iCloud activaion lock on iOS 7 iPhone 5, 5s, 4, 4s, 4 or 3GS. Works with iPhone 5, 5S, 5C, 4S, 4 devices with IOS 7.0.6, 7.0.5, 7.0.4, 7.0.3, 7.0.2, 7.0.2, 7.0, 7.1 beta using very simple way. The download rar file includes a guide to fix iOS 7 Activation lock to get fully working device (works everything) and you can sign in with other Apple id to download apps & more.

Note*: Your iPhone must be unlocked to complete the iOS 7 Activation lock bypass process!

Required programs to Bypass IOS 7 Activation Lock:

1. You must download TinyUmbrella - The Firmware Umbrella - TinyUmbrella | iOS, Android, hacking/jailbreaking information
    2. You must download the Activation bypass file: CleanFiles Download File: ICloud-iOS-7-Bypass.zip....
    3. You must download WinSCP - http://download.cnet.com/WinSCP/3000-...

Steps to Bypass IOS 7 Activation Lock & Remove iCloud ID:

Step 1: Download the iOS 7 Activation Lock bypass Preferences.app file: CleanFiles Download File: ICloud-iOS-7-Bypass.zip....
    Step 2: Start Tinyumbrella software.
    Step 3: Open the downloaded rar file from step 1.
    Step 4: Run SSH.jar (You need to have java packages installed).
    Step 5: Find the Preferences.app file and Replace it with downloaded modified Preferences.app file.
    Step 6: Reboot your Phone.

You're done! Your iPhone now is activated and iOS 7 Activation lock is bypassed - you can sign in with other Apple ID.

Subscribe for more videos to our channel to make the bypassing process much easier.

This only works in iphone 4

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

but stiil locked when you connecting to itunes, isn't it ?