+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 5 Activation with out a sim card?? Is this possible?

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have tried the emergency call 112 trick that I found on google with no luck, is it true that I can get to the home screen this way or
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have tried the emergency call 112 trick that I found on google with no luck, is it true that I can get to the home screen this way or is that a joke? Any suggestions?

Sorry I am guessing it is on I)S 6.1.3

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Am I posting this question in the wrong section? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

Unfortunately, you'll need a SIM card (from the correct network if the phone is locked, doesn't matter if the SIM is active or not) for an iPhone 5 on 6.1.3. Sorry.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thank you for the reply, So the little trick with the emergency call and 112 is a joke that is out there all over google? I am guessing it is because I do not see it on here and I could not get it to work, just was thinking I was doing something wrong.

Thanks again!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fourmyskull View Post
    Thank you for the reply, So the little trick with the emergency call and 112 is a joke that is out there all over google? I am guessing it is because I do not see it on here and I could not get it to work, just was thinking I was doing something wrong.

Thanks again!!
    It's not a joke per se, but it's likely been patched and was only a temporary measure to bypass the activation and setup process, if memory serves. With the iPhone 5, the only way to do it and ensure it stays that way is with an actual SIM (just once will do the trick until you restore it again).

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,866 Times in 6,165 Posts

Why not turn that phone in, it's obviously not yours if your looking for a way to bypass the security.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!