+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PDAnet f*cked my **** up, What to do??

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Very unhappy! Installed PDAnet now I'm stuck at activation screen. I can access SB settings but can't do much else. Please let me know if there is a fix. I
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default PDAnet f*cked my **** up, What to do??
    Very unhappy!

Installed PDAnet now I'm stuck at activation screen. I can access SB settings but can't do much else.

Please let me know if there is a fix. I would obviously like to preserve my 6.1.2 jailbreak.

Thanks in advance..

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,064 Times in 4,206 Posts

Turn the tweak off?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm unable to access any apps, the best I can do is access my home screen by hitting "more" on SBsettings but that's useless since none of the apps work. Other than that it just brings me back to Activate screen/select Wi-Fi. It's a known issue I just hope someone has come up with a fix by now. Blows donkey balls and I don't want to restore.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Try to uninstall it either from cydia if you can or by connecting it to pandaapp or iphonecake(there should be number of things on internet)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Can't uninstall or do anything from the phone itself, it'll let me move the icons but not actually click them, and I can't seem to connect to it using iSpirit or iFunbox (this ssh_rd_rev04a.jar tool I found doesn't work lucky for me with a5 devices)

What do you mean connecting it to pandaap or iphonecake??
    Last edited by mixre; 08-29-2013 at 01:35 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi, as suggested already, "turn the tweak off", have you tried turning off any PDAnet dylibs by going to SBSettings, More, Mobile Substrate Addons and scrolling through the list. then rebooting?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Did you try restarting and holding the volume + while booting? It should start in safe mode and you can uninstall pda net. Let me know

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Any update on this problem? I also have a 4s at 6.1.2 stuck in activation mode because of PDAnet. Been looking for a potential fix for over a month. Just don't want to give up the jailbreak. In fact, it goes for sale on eBay the day I lose it. If anyone has been able to resolve this problem, PLEASE let me know.

Thanks!

Thanks

Hi, I guess you have tried the above. Volume up, while booting trick, and SbSettings, More, disable Mobile Substate addons for PDAnet.
    If you can SSH into your iPhone you can disable the PDAnet.dylibs by renaming .dylib to .disabled and rebooting.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yea, tried that, and thanks for your response. Can't get anything anyone has suggested to work. Can get to sbsettings but "more" just shows the icons but I can't do anything with them. Don't have SSH installed, yet. PDAnet worked on my 3, 3gs, 4, my previous 4s and my 5 but toasted this 4s for some unknown reason. Just trying to put off the iTunes restore and the lost jailbreak. Once again, thanks for the answer. Guess I'll wait until the weekend then restore and put it for sale.

Thanks

Hi, I presume that iFunbox doesn't see your 4S's file system.
    But as SBSettings works, you could try toggling air plane mode on or wifi, 3G, data off and then rebooting and hold the volume up button in while it reboots. I'm wondering what PDAnet would do if there was no radio signals available?
    Last edited by DC_Dave; 11-22-2013 at 01:33 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DieselVexx's Avatar
    Thanks

Do a complete restore using "Semi Restore". It restores your iphone to stock without losing your jailbreak or cydia app.

Thanks

Hi, a friend of mine has an iPad which is not recognised by iTunes, however Xcode works ok with it. If you know someone with access to Xcode, it might be worth installing one of your purchased App Store apps (ipa files) using Xcode to see if your 4S gets knocked out of this problem.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Open your jailbreak tool on your PC.
    Plug in your iPhone. Do not DFU or turn
    off your iPhone. Press just boot on the jailbreak tool on your PC. Just let the tool do it's thing.
    When done, you will have your device back,
    running and jailbroken. Go to Cydia and remove
    the app that caused the problem. (Remember a Restore
    will cause you to loose your Jailbreak! Don't do that)
    I suggest doing some research by Googling
    apps with your device before install to find any
    problems that you may not be aware of.
    Dr. Joe
    Last edited by Dr Joepa; 11-22-2013 at 01:15 PM.

Thanks

Some notes on Semi Restore which might help
    [closed] Semi-Restore - JailbreakQA
    And their website
    Semi-Restore for iOS 5.0-6.1.2

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

First, let me thank everyone for all the suggestions and help. Will try to address all the suggestions that were made.

When trying to use my jailbreak tool, Evasi0n says: "Error detecting device (lockdown error -12)". So far the only way I've found to resolve the lockdown error is a reset but I can't get in to the phone to do that.

iFunbox can't connect to this phone. Connects to my 3GS and 5 but not this 4S in activation mode.

Semi-restore: "There was an error when connecting to the device"......and if I keep getting that error... "Make sure iTunes can see the device correctly." iTunes can't see or connect to this phone. It's in activation mode.

One last comment on the suggestion to Google the apps.....I appreciate the thought, however, pdanet has worked on every other phone I've tried it on. Even WAY back to windows phones before iPhones. I have it installed and working right now on my old 3GS and my 5. Even worked on my last 4S that was water damaged, which is why I bought this one.

I don't know what else to do.. I thought at least one of those great suggestions would work......but NOPE! When I get back home I guess I'll go ahead and restore to IOS 7 and put it on eBay. Thanks again!