+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please help I am stuck in activation.

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hello I am having trouble with my new iphone 3gs. My friend gave it to me because it was broken, and he did not feel like fixing it. Anyway I
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Please help I am stuck in activation.
    Hello I am having trouble with my new iphone 3gs. My friend gave it to me because it was broken, and he did not feel like fixing it. Anyway I can't get past the activation part when they ask you to select a language and a country. After I do this it says I need to take it to a service answer center, or whatever I am sorry to say I do not know much about this phone other than it is a 3gs its does not have a sim card because he toke it for his new phone, I am sorry for the little information but i can't get into the phone for the details. i don't want to jailbreak the phone i just want it to work normally that's all. I would really be thankful for any help.

Thank you for your time

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

To activate the phone you need to have a SIM card of the phones carrier. If not unlock the phone(if you know the carrier) and pop in any SIM to pass through the activation

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hello again I put a T-mobile sim card in and after it tells me to connect to itunes. After I do that still says to go to a service answer center now i think that i just need to put a att&t sim card in but if not how do i unlock it. I would be thankful for any answers you can give.

Thank you for your time

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikesenoj123 View Post
    Hello again I put a T-mobile sim card in and after it tells me to connect to itunes. After I do that still says to go to a service answer center now i think that i just need to put a att&t sim card in but if not how do i unlock it. I would be thankful for any answers you can give.

Thank you for your time
    See if your phone is unlocked here iphoneimei.info if you are sure that it is locked for ATT then go search in eBay for unlocking

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by haissk View Post
    See if your phone is unlocked here iphoneimei.info if you are sure that it is locked for ATT then go search in eBay for unlocking
    Hello thanks for helping me I now know its locked but still have no idea what service it is under. My question is do I just have to unlock it and put a sim card in to get past the activation process?

Thank you for your time

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Yes, if you purchased it from USA, then most likely it would be locked to AT&T (if your IMEI starts with 0), Verizon (IMEI starting with 99).
    Check out on ebay for unlocking

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by haissk View Post
    Yes, if you purchased it from USA, then most likely it would be locked to AT&T (if your IMEI starts with 0), Verizon (IMEI starting with 99).
    Check out on ebay for unlocking
    Hi hello sorry for bothering you so much about this I just really want it to work. The now i have not gone to ebay yet I was about to but then the iphone kept on restarting when it is plug into the computer and the wall, and even when i put a att&t sim card in it still says (searching...) in the top corner i was wondering if I should be worried about that. just like to mention that I really am thankful for all the help.

Thank you for time

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

PM me the IMEI (not sure if that is allowed in this forum) so that i can check for you and did you try to activate the phone after inserting the AT&T SIM?

Thanks

Unreal stuff, what I am reading here. That phone has a hardware issue, needs service.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bbrks View Post
    Unreal stuff, what I am reading here. That phone has a hardware issue, needs service.
    If that is true where can i go to get it fixed?

Thanks

Well, that's now up to you. I hope you have some local service around.