Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 4 0049 IMEI

Default Iphone 4 0049 IMEI
    Hello guys,

i have a couple of problems with my iphone 4. I cant activate the Iphone, it has no lock , but the orginal IMEI doesent compere with the IMEI in the iphone. I make an update to 6.1.3 FW and than i became the 0049 IMEI and i cant call. I make a reset but still the same problem. DFU Mode and Restore Mode does not solve the problem.

sry for my english , i hope someone can help me

thx

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Thread moved

How did you got this phone bought off of eBay or something or it just started to do this?
    Last edited by 2k1; 08-07-2013 at 08:45 AM.

bought it on ebay , but it still worked, after an update i have this problem. the original imei is not blocked , but the iphone do not have the right imei..

problem number 2 is that after the update, wlan and bluetooth are off (grey buttons)

Baseband: 04.12.05-ICE_2_13
    Last edited by style2k6; 08-07-2013 at 10:38 AM.

if you think that the phone is factory unlocked and you will not loose your unlock by restore.
    Do a stock restore. i think you should be good. Download the latest factory stock ipsw file and restore

how i do a stock restore ? dfu mode + ctrl and the ipsw ?
    Last edited by style2k6; 08-07-2013 at 11:37 AM.

Download the appropriate one from here iClarified - iPhone - Where To Download iPhone Firmware Files From
    Hold Shift(Windows) command(Mac) on your keyboard and select the ipsw downloaded in itunes and restore

6.1.3 (4 GSM): iPhone3,1_6.1.3_10B329_Restore.ipsw i choose this one, there is another with cdma and one without GSM and CDMA..

install the ipsw in dfu mode or restore mode ?

Edit: its the same cant activate the phone in itunes and have still the same imei..
    Last edited by style2k6; 08-07-2013 at 02:24 PM.

What do you mean by can't activate.. it is not passing the setup screen?

Quote Originally Posted by haissk View Post
    What do you mean by can't activate.. it is not passing the setup screen?
    Yes, i can choose language and so one, but i havent the WLAN option and i became the itunes symbol ( to connect to the pc) , and itunes say the cant activate the iphone now... tinyumbrella show me also the wrong imei
    Last edited by style2k6; 08-07-2013 at 02:36 PM.

So what do you get in iTunes
    Is the phone water damage or anything (Check the water sensor near the power port at the bottom)

ITunes say that the cant activate the iphone now, i open the iphone and put the speaker out and have see a red line like on this pic http://www.tt-store.com/images//ipho...%20%282%29.jpg

itunes say that can not activate the phone, i open the iphone and put out the speaker and see a red stripe by the bottom (behind the doc connector)

Thanks

That phone's baseband is probably bricked. You'll need a replacement baseband daughterboard at the least, more likely a new main logic board (or just take it to Apple for a swap).

The "00 499901 064000 0" IMEI is hard-coded if memory serves as a sign that the chip is corrupted... the greyed-out WiFi and Bluetooth also suggest a serious hardware issue with the same baseband chip.

EDIT: Oooh, that red stripe there means the dock port has seen water. Warranty's voided now (and may also explain why the baseband malfunctioned).

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Orby For This Useful Post:

style2k6 (08-07-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    That phone's baseband is probably bricked. You'll need a replacement baseband daughterboard at the least, more likely a new main logic board (or just take it to Apple for a swap).

The "00 499901 064000 0" IMEI is hard-coded if memory serves as a sign that the chip is corrupted... the greyed-out WiFi and Bluetooth also suggest a serious hardware issue with the same baseband chip.

EDIT: Oooh, that red stripe there means the dock port has seen water. Warranty's voided now (and may also explain why the baseband malfunctioned).
    but on the front with flashlight i can not see any red color in the dock connector only when i open the iphone , put out the speaker, that i see inside a red stripe.

so iphone is game over ?

yes basically the baseband chip is gone and it is not able to update it... so you need to change the logic board instead you can buy another one

17. The Following User Says Thank You to haissk For This Useful Post:

style2k6 (08-07-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by haissk View Post
    yes basically the baseband chip is gone and it is not able to update it... so you need to change the logic board instead you can buy another one
    thanks a lot guys for help, has anyone a picture of this baseband chip ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by style2k6 View Post
    thanks a lot guys for help, has anyone a picture of this baseband chip ?

This is my best guess at which particular chip it is... I really wouldn't recommend mucking around with it unless you are very very good at small electronics repair.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Orby For This Useful Post:

style2k6 (08-07-2013)

iPhone 4 can be Hacktivated, just try it and see if its works. Sometimes a reflow might work and bring back the baseband, but if this really happened after an update it sounds like you applied a wrong update or the update process was interrupted/aborted somehow during update. Try iOS7 beta as it updates the BB and it might fix it back.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to thatguythatdoesthis For This Useful Post:

style2k6 (08-09-2013)

thanks bro, (dont forget my IMEI is wrong) i will try now update to ios 7 beta 5

EDIT: iOS7 beta installed, tinyumbrealla shows me the same wrong imei 004999010640000 baseband was updated. itunes tell me they cant activate the iphone for the time+

i attached a pic of something like a small chip shows maybe bad ?
    http://abload.de/image.php?img=img_3076i3ovg.jpg
    Last edited by style2k6; 08-09-2013 at 08:18 AM.

You can't do anything more, its not a software problem. Its time to take it to a professional for repair.