+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS problem with activation

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi guys, Model : iPhone 3GS FW : 6.1.2 New Boot device Got a strange problem with my friends iphone, it doesn't get past the activation screen and when I
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone 3GS problem with activation
    Hi guys,

Model : iPhone 3GS
    FW : 6.1.2
    New Boot device

Got a strange problem with my friends iphone, it doesn't get past the activation screen and when I insert sim card it searches for the service provider and takes too long. So here is what I did, I download this firmware (iPhone2,1_6.0_10A403_Restore) run it through snowbreeze activated it and new fw came up on my desktop (sn0wbreeze_iPhone_3GS-6.0-10A403) I ran this through itunes got this error (3194) then I ran it through redsnow installed it, after installing still on the same place

Can some one help me ?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You can't restore to 6.0 without SHSHs, or without using them if you have them. That's what error 3194 is.

Redsn0w may seem like it ran and installed fine, but if you don't apply valid SHSHs which is unique to each device, it didn't actually work. As for activation, what carrier is the phone locked to? Is it an AT&T phone? Is it an Orange phone? Etc... Are you using the carrier that it is locked to? Is it unlocked if you are not?

Edit: Also, if it is an unlocked phone, activation does not *need* to be plugged into iTunes to work but it certainly works more often doing so than not.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    You can't restore to 6.0 without SHSHs, or without using them if you have them. That's what error 3194 is.

Redsn0w may seem like it ran and installed fine, but if you don't apply valid SHSHs which is unique to each device, it didn't actually work. As for activation, what carrier is the phone locked to? Is it an AT&T phone? Is it an Orange phone? Etc... Are you using the carrier that it is locked to? Is it unlocked if you are not?

Edit: Also, if it is an unlocked phone, activation does not *need* to be plugged into iTunes to work but it certainly works more often doing so than not.
    I don't know it's carrier, since it's my friends phone.

Can you tell me what should I do next ?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Find out the carrier it is locked to. Nobody can help you if you can't answer all the questions I asked. It's too broad, I can't narrow down the issue.

Green Apple
    Thanks

imei solution to activate at&t iphone pm, me

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

PM me the imei I can help you solve your problem
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Several alternatives you can try
    Quote Originally Posted by SyndicateX View Post
    Hi guys,

Model : iPhone 3GS
    FW : 6.1.2
    New Boot device

Got a strange problem with my friends iphone, it doesn't get past the activation screen and when I insert sim card it searches for the service provider and takes too long. So here is what I did, I download this firmware (iPhone2,1_6.0_10A403_Restore) run it through snowbreeze activated it and new fw came up on my desktop (sn0wbreeze_iPhone_3GS-6.0-10A403) I ran this through itunes got this error (3194) then I ran it through redsnow installed it, after installing still on the same place

Can some one help me ?

Basically you can follow some nifty steps to fix this problem.

Fix 1 : Device Restoring

Try to restore / upgrade your device to the latest iOS (now it’s iOS 6.1). After restoring setup your iPhone as a New Phone using iTunes. Only then restore iPhone from your backup and pass activation steps with active Sim card inserted.

If this doesn’t work move to Fix #2.

Fix 2: Hosts file reseting

If you have ever used software like TinyUmbrella to save SHSH blobs or to upgrade or downgrade your iOS firmware then your hosts file on your computer is pointing to Cydia (store developed by Saurik) activation server insted of Apple’s oroginal one. So, please, just reset the hosts file on windows, and try to activate your iPhone. This time it should work fine. The location of hosts file for Windows 7 / XP / MacOS / Linux could be found here.

Fix 3: Working SIM

Make sure you put a SIM card into iPhone when activating. Do it with working SIM of the carrier to which your iPhone is locked. Try activation process after some time with working Sim on other computer. Also try to activate over WIFI, assuming you upgrade your device to the latest iOS 6.1.

Fix 4: DFU Mode + clean Restore

Or the last thing you can do is to make a restore on the other computer with active SIM card inserted. Also you can do a clean restore / upgrade putting your iPhone in DFU mode. Use this guide to enter DFU mode and start the process when iTunes will detect your iPhone in a recovery mode.

Fix 5: Apple Care

This solution may work not for all users unless you have real information about your iPhone. You should call Apple Care and describe your reactivation problem. After they will verify you are the owner of the handsets like S/N, IMEI #, purchase date, owner name etc. If you provide all needed information they will ask to restore your iPhone during 24 hours. This time the activation process should work perfectly.

Fix 6: Paid Activation Services

The biggest problem the only 100% solution for this type of error is paid services which can submit your device’s info into the Apple database. So, next time when you try to activate your iPhone, Apple won’t reject the activation ticket.

Stay tuned with me and I will update this post if there will be something new.