+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: any 3rd party sellers do t-mobile iphone 5 unlocks?

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
t-mobile dennied my request they said I must wait atleast 90 days even though I paid in full. So I can't wait that long any other venders doing t-mobile unlocks
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default any 3rd party sellers do t-mobile iphone 5 unlocks?
    t-mobile dennied my request they said I must wait atleast 90 days even though I paid in full. So I can't wait that long any other venders doing t-mobile unlocks for low cost?

Green Apple
    Thanks

It's illegal now to do that so if you get caught you could face jail time.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mag12 View Post
    It's illegal now to do that so if you get caught you could face jail time.
    This is true.

Your only valid reason as of this time to unlock any cell phone is traveling abroad. I don't know why they would tell you that you have to wait 90 days, that doesn't register to me. I don't see a reason why, it's either yes or no in response to for why you want it unlocked. Now or 90 days later, the answer is probably going to be the same.

Companies, large and small, are not legally allowed to do the unlocking for any reason aside from traveling abroad. T-Mobile being a large company, I doubt they'd do the unlock without that reason. Typically, the unlock won't get activated until a foreign SIM that is active is activated in the device so you can't just say you're going to travel and not do it to obtain the unlock.

If you are doing it for travel though...I would ask another rep. Some reps don't know what's up.