Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 3GS jailbroken and unlocked 4.0.1 with baseband 05.13.04

Default iphone 3GS jailbroken and unlocked 4.0.1 with baseband 05.13.04
    Hi,

I haven't done this for a long time and I see a lot has changed so I don't want to mess anything up. I have an old iPhone 3GS that I jailbroke and unlocked a long time ago. It was on version 4.0.1 with the modem firmware being 05.13.04. I was wondering what the latest version I can update to nowadays that will support both jailbraking and unlocking it. If someone could point me in the right direction that'd be awesome. I read the sticky at the top and it mentioned I can really only go to 4.0.3, but I wanted to make sure.

Thanks in advance.

As far as I know you can't go to io6 now I had a similar situation a month or so ago and used redsn0w and got my 3GS 5.13.04 to ios 5.1.1 because they were still signing that version. It is a new bootrom 3GS BUT when I did it i had to go to ipad baseband and then back to 5.13.04.

I had never used redsn0w b4 but there is a tutorial on the forums here.

So I can still upgrade to 5.1.1? Then I revert to the iPad baseband and then back to 5.13.04? Sorry, really confused. Do you think you could link it to me?

Thanks.

Yes. What I did was I used redsn0w which I never used before. You download the 5.1.1 to your computer and then redsn0w walks you through it and you have to go to the ipad bb. I didn't even see the option and freaked when I saw the bb was different so I read here and reran redsn0w and there is an option to get you back to 5.13.04

But... I do not know if Apple is still signing 5.1.1. Do you have the shsh blobs in cydia saved for 5.1.1? I am not that good about knowing that part but when I did it in may they were or perhaps because we got 3GS' and I had the shsh stuff and maybe there is some exploit that lets us, not totally sure.

Check Cydia to see what is saved.

Just make sure you backup first in case of anything.

This explains the procedure a bit better.

3GS new bootrom still on ios 4
    Last edited by Miz.Michele; 07-03-2013 at 07:41 PM.