Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help! Can I Unlock iphone 4s without restoring (and keeping jailbreak)

Default Help! Can I Unlock iphone 4s without restoring (and keeping jailbreak)
    Hi.

my girlfirend has just has her iphone officiall unlocked by her carrier. but apparently the one has to be restored or an "Erase all content and settings" has to be performed so the phone will plug into itunes and recognise it is now unlocked.

Im concerned this will lose they jailbreak and there is a risk of having to update the OS to something I cant jailbreak

I hear trying erase all conetn and settings on an jailbroken phone will casue the need for a restore.

Is there a way to make it recognise as unlock in itunes (so we can use another network) without having to backup, restore or lose the jailbreak?

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

What firmware are you on?

6.1.1 I think or 6.1.2.

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Deactive using redsnow. Or use ilex to do a semi restore that way they won't lose jailbroken fw will work

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Deactive using redsnow. Or use ilex to do a semi restore that way they won't lose jailbroken fw will work
    Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Thanks. I've been trying both methods tonight.

Regards redsnow I can't get it to play nice with the 4s. Wont let me proceed in native mode or dfu mode to deactivate.

Have now tried ilex but it still saying the sim is not authorised. Not the congratulations your phone is unlocked. I've been told by the network provider three that the unlock is complete.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by davidmaiden18183 View Post
    Thanks. I've been trying both methods tonight.

Regards redsnow I can't get it to play nice with the 4s. Wont let me proceed in native mode or dfu mode to deactivate.

Have now tried ilex but it still saying the sim is not authorised. Not the congratulations your phone is unlocked. I've been told by the network provider three that the unlock is complete.
    Okay, third option: de-activate using the SAM program (available free from the Cydia repository repo.bingner.com), then let iTunes try and re-activate with your desired SIM. You can also use SAM to "spoof" a 3 SIM so the phone will activate and be usable in the mean time if iTunes still won't deliver the full unlock.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation Help unlock my phone :(
    I have an iphone 4. When I brought it the guy didn't tell me it was from Canada. Its on a company called "Fido". I can't seem to unlock it, and the phone is jailbroken :/ Someone please help me! I been trying to get my phone unlocked for over a month now.

Thanks

Either get a Canadian friend to register your device on their account, and have them try and get Fido to unlock it legitimately for $50 CAD, or search for a third-party unlocking service. I'd recommend Chronic (namesake of Chronic Dev-Team) Unlocks and their service. I have to warn you though, it's not cheap.