+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tele2 Iphone 4s needs activation and unlock

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi guys, am new here and have spent days and nights reading all I can on the internet, but with no success. so please can someone help and explain to
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Tele2 Iphone 4s needs activation and unlock
    Hi guys, am new here and have spent days and nights reading all I can on the internet, but with no success. so please can someone help and explain to me in simple English how I can use an Iphone 4s I bought from a friend, he used it on Tele2 sweden, the phone tells me invalid sim and needs activation when I try to activate, no success since the sim is not an official carrier.
    I contacted Tele2 they say I need to pay and they can unlock and activate but they require that I get someone in sweden to do it for me since they need a social security number for someone living in sweden to do it. I try to use redsn0w and it tells me the phone has to be activated first it's an
    Iphone 4s
    version 5.1.1(9B206)
    model MD239KS
    imei [...]
    modem firmware 2.0.12
    Last edited by Orby; 05-26-2013 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Posting IMEIs publicly is not a good idea...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default you have apple warranty
    you still have warranty untill 24th sept of this year as i have just cheaked , go on website and send off for a free repair they will activate it just say you cant get a signal or connect to a carrier they will arrange a pick up service by sending you a new box to post it off to apple say nothing about sweaden , just phone apple up on the web site as your covered , if they cant do it they will replace the handset with a brand new one .free of charge .

https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cairnsy View Post
    you still have warranty untill 24th sept of this year as i have just cheaked , go on website and send off for a free repair they will activate it just say you cant get a signal or connect to a carrier they will arrange a pick up service by sending you a new box to post it off to apple say nothing about sweaden , just phone apple up on the web site as your covered , if they cant do it they will replace the handset with a brand new one .free of charge .

https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do
    That will not work. The phone narayaleal receives in exchange for his current device will inherit its carrier profile--in other words, the phone will still be locked to Tele2 of Sweden--it'll basically be a waste of shipping charges, plus the phone received in return will probably be on iOS 6.1.3 and thus unjailbreakable.

Narayaleal, if you don't have anyone in Sweden who is able to help you, you may want to contact a third-party unlocking service who will unlock your phone for a (not small) fee. I'd recommend the Chronic (of Chronic-Dev) Unlocks service personally.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Kindly get the phone factory unlock from some of professional iphone unlocking websites so that you could use the phone with any SIM card.

Green Apple
    Thanks

i have turbo sims that can unlock the phone for u