+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: phone locked to Three, can't see info on to know if able/how to jailbreak/unlock

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi All, I am a bit stuck here, I have a iphone4 locked to Three network in the UK, the phone turns on and is recognised by itunes, however I
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default phone locked to Three, can't see info on to know if able/how to jailbreak/unlock
    Hi All, I am a bit stuck here, I have a iphone4 locked to Three network in the UK, the phone turns on and is recognised by itunes, however I can't see what ios its on or what baseband and the person I got it from couldn't tell me. I want to unlock it so I can put my sim in and also jailbreak, how do I see what jb unlock software to use if I can't see the details, or is this a case of stick it back on a well known auction site.

Green Apple
    Thanks

ok no bother Redsn0w was my friend BB 04.12.02 iOS 6.0.1

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

For unlocking, you need to contact 3 U.K. to see if they will unlock for you (they may ask for a nominal fee of $20). Or, you can pay for an imei unlock. BTW, there are a lot of scammers out there, so be sure to verify that a service is legitimate before paying.

For jailbreaking, you need to use Evasi0n (evasi0n iOS 6.x Jailbreak - official website of the evad3rs)
    Good luck.

Green Apple
    Thanks

thanks, got the jailbreakon with redsn0w thenevasi0n. next the unlock, which looks like a pay for service (

Green Apple
    Thanks

thanks, the sites on the web seem to be offering the unlock but at silly money - 80 for an unlock? they are having a laugh, I think the way round it looks to be get a free sim from three stick in the phone, register to get the unlock on their web site and then pay 15