+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3 won't restore

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
My jail broken iPhone 3 locked up after installing a theme from cydia so I tried to restore it from iTunes. It went through the whole process and at the
    Thanks

Default iPhone 3 won't restore
    My jail broken iPhone 3 locked up after installing a theme from cydia so I tried to restore it from iTunes. It went through the whole process and at the very end I got an error message stating that the iPhone could not be recognized. The phone still shows the connect to iTunes message. Help I've tried this several times with the same result.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Most likely, your iPhone has iPad baseband; If so, you need to restore with a custom firmware. You can use Sn0wbreeze to create a custom firmware then put the iPhone in pwned DFU mode and use iTunes to restore. Good luck

Thanks

Thanks I will try it.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,665 Times in 5,930 Posts

Really need to be careful what you install on an iPhone 3 (as you have found out the hard way) as iOS 4.2.1 is the highest firmware you can go to and most all themes and tweaks are so passed that.

Thanks

Yeah I wasn't properly warned. I got it on ebay cheap and had to have a little work done on it. The seller said it was unlocked, not. A friend of mine fixed it and he jailbroke it for me and unlocked it for me. I was using it until my 3gs got fixed. I didn't realize the harm I could do to it. I was going to give it to my 11yo. Oh well. I got a nice present Sunday from my bf. He gave me a Iphone 4 so my son can have my 3gs and the 3 can be a reminder. lol