+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Unlock Help

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have a iPhone 4 iOS 6.1.3 GSM that I bought off a friend. When I got it I jailbroke it to use it as an iPod before activating/unlocking it.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unhappy iPhone Unlock Help
    I have a iPhone 4 iOS 6.1.3 GSM that I bought off a friend. When I got it I jailbroke it to use it as an iPod before activating/unlocking it. I had to jailbreak it to use it as an iPod because I couldn't pass the activation screen. I had my friend call AT&T to unlock it for me. After about a week I got the instructions on what to do. When I had to do the final restore step. After it got done restoring on iTunes it said "We're sorry we're unable to complete your activation at this time, please contact customer support." It won't let me finish the unlock, is there any way I can unlock it ? Or is it unable to be unlocked because of me jailbreaking it. (I also don't have the origional sim card.)

Thanks

So you restored the phone (removing the hacktivation from before), and now you're getting an error trying to activate it through iTunes?

Have you tried activating it while connected to Wi-Fi and your SIM in it on the phone itself?

If the error persists, you may just have to wait and try at a later time, or perhaps there's something about the origins or conditions of phone your friend didn't tell you...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yes I have tried both of those. I read online that if you jailbreak it and then unlock it there might be errors. But I don't know any solution that will work...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SkaterFTW View Post
    Yes I have tried both of those. I read online that if you jailbreak it and then unlock it there might be errors. But I don't know any solution that will work...
    You can try restoring it again or waiting and trying the activation process later, however, the activation process (which is tied into the official unlock process) is somewhat of a black box from a jailbreak perspective. It either works and we're off to the races, or we can hacktivate the device, but that won't solve your cell service problem.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ah damn, so basically I'm screwed. haha

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SkaterFTW View Post
    Ah damn, so basically I'm screwed. haha
    Long story short... yeah.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,269 Times in 7,004 Posts

Just out of curiosity what is your modem firmware/baseband? If you don't know or can't access your settings f0recast can give you this info. I have a sneaking suspicion you may have 6.15 baseband. If you do this can be fixed and your official unlock activated.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have 4.12.05 baseband

Thanks
    Thanked 15,269 Times in 7,004 Posts

Whoops, just reread your first post. My bad, missed the iPhone 4 part, disregard what I said, there is no way you could have 6.15 baseband.