+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: unlock t-mobile iphone 5

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
hey guys and girls..im really interested in unlocking my new t-mobile iphone 5.. any word yet where i can get it done..
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default unlock t-mobile iphone 5
    hey guys and girls..im really interested in unlocking my new t-mobile iphone 5.. any word yet where i can get it done..

Thanks
    Thanked 9,533 Times in 5,851 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DiokMHF View Post
    You can try here.
    At&t Unlocks for sale From your Fav. MMi Mod!

My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

But will this work for the T-Mobile version? Mine is locked to T-Mobile and I paid full for it but they still won't unlock

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

The AT&T unlocking service WON'T work for your T-mobile iPH 5. But I thought T-mobile sells unlocked iPhones... I might be wrong though....?????

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

*BUMP*

Can anyone confirm if T-Mobile Iphone 5 is unlocked or not? I paid in full for my iphone 5 from Tmobile. I'd say NO b/c when I put my cut down ST micro sim card I was using in my previous iphone 5 (att) - - - Nothing. It says to use an approved carrier sim card. I've read that their iphone 5 is locked if financed through their Equipment Installation Plan but I can't find any more info if that is true or not.

Thanks

It's locked if you get it from T-Mobile and they will NOT unlock it even if you paid full retail for it. I've submitted it about 4-5 times and got 3 or so different reasons.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Are we in a holding pattern til some type of 3rd party software comes out that can unlock? I'm okay with Tmobile for now but I'm traveling to Europe and was wondering about using a EU sim card over there.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I talked to a t-mobile sale rep about unlocking. She said T-mobile would do it once the iPhone is completely paid off. I then asked about an unlock for travelling overseas, but she doesn't know. Also, she doesn't know if the phone would be unlocked if I paid in-full.

I guess since the iPhone is too new, T-mobile folks may not know or have all the detail policies... ????

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hcgaloi View Post
    I talked to a t-mobile sale rep about unlocking. She said T-mobile would do it once the iPhone is completely paid off. I then asked about an unlock for travelling overseas, but she doesn't know. Also, she doesn't know if the phone would be unlocked if I paid in-full.

I guess since the iPhone is too new, T-mobile folks may not know or have all the detail policies... ????
    It doesn't matter if it's paid in full or not they will not do it. My account is in good standing and I paid it off and they keep coming up with different excuses.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

its true....I paid for 2 iphone in full and it couldnt unlock

I make payments on one and they unlocked it..werid?

iPhone? More like MyPhone A_SWELLGUY's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Metro pcs
    metro pcs unlocks iphone 5 for 40$ just checked today. no hassle just does it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just don't use iDeviceGuys.com (the owner here is a moderator with username 'Cowboy')....I paid for an iphone 5 T-Mobile back on July 31st and I still haven't received my unlock. He said he was going to give me a partial refund in an email, but after a month nothing. I even filed a dispute with Paypal to try and get my money back. He even fought that stating 'No Guarantee'. He definitely doesn't know how to run a business much less customer service. I plan on posting our email string on here, but I'll probably get banned since he is a moderator....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Make sure you choose your own apple iphone a few uncover below. We certainly have many different unlocks for iphones apart from the apple iphone a few, as well as unlocks for all apple iphone, and also apple iphone two.
    mod edit/link removed

Green Apple
    Thanks

Tmobile iPhone can be factory unlocked via IMEI, it is pricey however. I offer the service on my site. Usually takes 2-10 business days, can take up to 20 business days in some cases.

www.okcunlocks.com
    **Discount for MMI members**

Unlocks for any iPhone any carrier. As well as unlocks for many other phones and carriers worldwide.

Affordable and professional phone repair also offered.

Message me for pricing and MMI discounts!