+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: unlocking 3gs, lost at what next to do

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
so recently got asked to fix my mother in law's 3gs which was previously unlocked but was restored to 6.1.3 and lost everything. so far, i put a custom ios
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default unlocking 3gs, lost at what next to do
    so recently got asked to fix my mother in law's 3gs which was previously unlocked but was restored to 6.1.3 and lost everything.

so far, i put a custom ios 6.1.3 with sn0wbreeze 2.9.14 and had it activated and jailbroken with cydia

it;s an old boot device and has 6.15.00 for firmware. it's been years since i last locked this and i can't remember what to do next. it's originally an att phone and i need it to work with a tmobile sim.

do i need to do anything with the shsh (for backup) and what is best to unlock the iphone (hopefully, it can be done with the current settings/firmware...)

i've tried to search for the answer but with the amount of misinformation and outdated articles out there, i felt it was best to ask first. plus, ive already blundered through 6+ hours just to get to this point due to how new the 6.1.3 steps are...

much thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks, gave it a shot but didn't seem to work. i'm assuming that ultrasn0w doesnt support 6.1.3 yet. i don't want to risk trying to get it to 6.1.2 unless it's easier than i think it is.

i've tried a few methods that weren't all that clear and ended up in a recovery loop and multiple errors when recovering on itunes (1600, 1063, 1064 etc.) and only found success to get to 6.1.3

would the best thing be to wait for ultrasn0w to get the unlock to work with 6.1.3?

Thanks
    Thanked 9,620 Times in 5,899 Posts

^ or you can have it factory unlocked.
    At&t Unlocks for sale From your Fav. MMi Mod!