Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS 6.0.1 bb6.15.00 loses signal frequently

Default 3GS 6.0.1 bb6.15.00 loses signal frequently
    I am using a 3GS with a tmobile prepaid sim. I was on 4.3.3 with the ipad bb and never had any problems. in December I went up to 6.0.1 using redsn0w_mac_0.9.15b3 and selected preserve ipad bb. (I've never cared about not having GPS functionality.)

Since then, I frequently lose signal and get the "Searching ..." message before it reconnects. When this happens, I lose cell (I don't have data), wifi and sometimes bluetooth.

Any ideas? Should I downgrade bb?

Also, is it worth going up to 6.1.2 while I'm messing around with this?

TIA

Thanks
    Thanked 15,541 Times in 7,105 Posts

I would downgrade the baseband. Not sure that has anything to so with it but can't hurt to try as well as fix GPS in the process.

If you turn on location services, that would be the symptom because bb 6.15 doesn't support GPS (chipset). As recommend by Simon, you need to downgrade to bb 5.13.04 using RedSn0w.

Note that, if you have blank bb after performing the downgrade, you need to do it again the second time. It's a known bug with Redsn0w for all the 3g and some of the 3gs. Yours is a 3gs, so it may or may not happen.... just FYI. Good luck

Here is a step-by-step tutorial:

Downgrade iPhone 3GS / 3G 06.15.00 To 05.13.04 Baseband For Unlock And Working GPS [How-To] | Redmond Pie