Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IMEI Unlock question

Default IMEI Unlock question
    Hi Guys,

I have here a iphone 4, 6.0.1 with bb 04.12.02.

It came form Vodafone UK. Now the good thing is I should be able to get a free imei code off them, as they give it away for free so long as the phone was sold by them and the imei matches the account.

But what i am wondering is, where do I put the unlock code? I am in New zealand now, when i put a vodafone SIM in the phone, it says "no service" it doesn't say anything about invalid sim, or any request for an unlock code. is it a number you just enter in the phone dialler?

Now if Vodafone can't give me the unlock code for whatever reason, the next alternative is to pay over a $100 for one from a site. which i don't really want to do so keen on any other ideas to get this unlock.

Green Apple
    Thanks

it's not an actual code that you get and put it inside. the code is in vodafone systems and when you ask them to unlock your iphone they send a request to apple and the iphone gets unlocked withih 48 hours. after that period of time you can just activate your iphone with any other sim card. if they give it for you for free do it with them if not, don't pay $100. i can charge you less.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Scoops98's Avatar
    Thanks

Rogers unlocking in Canada requires an iTunes restore to complete the unlock. They made the change on their system. Cost $50.
    Until the next time… And if I help you out, give me a "Thanks!" Thanks!

shaul_eini
    how much can you do it for? We have no backups of this phone either.

Thanks

This process can be done without a restore, just FYI. Use redsn0w's "Deactivate" (Extras -> Even More -> Deactivate...) tool with your device and then plug into iTunes with your SIM. If your phone has been unlocked by Voda UK (or a third-party service), it'll activate with a "Congratulations, your iPhone has been unlocked!" message. If not, just be patient and wait for the unlock to go through. Your phone will be unusable until it's activated though (either with your current SIM or a sim from Voda UK), so be careful.

Green Apple
    Thanks

or he can just update to the last version...

Quote Originally Posted by flamery View Post
    Hi Guys,

I have here a iphone 4, 6.0.1 with bb 04.12.02.

It came form Vodafone UK. Now the good thing is I should be able to get a free imei code off them, as they give it away for free so long as the phone was sold by them and the imei matches the account.

But what i am wondering is, where do I put the unlock code? I am in New zealand now, when i put a vodafone SIM in the phone, it says "no service" it doesn't say anything about invalid sim, or any request for an unlock code. is it a number you just enter in the phone dialler?

Now if Vodafone can't give me the unlock code for whatever reason, the next alternative is to pay over a $100 for one from a site. which i don't really want to do so keen on any other ideas to get this unlock.
    I don't think unlock codes are used to unlock iPhones. I unlocked my iPhone 4 using remote unlock method.I got the Remote Unlock Service for $ 89.97 from Onlinegsmunlock.com to unlock my iPhone 4 from UK Vodafone network.