Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can't Activate Unlocked iPhone 3GS After Restoring

Default Can't Activate Unlocked iPhone 3GS After Restoring
    Hi,

I'm stuck with this phone and wanted to reach out for help. It's my girlfriend's old 3GS iPhone which was used on T-Mobile (USA) with Cydia for unlocking. She got a new phone and I got her's. I deleted Cydia, restored it through iTunes to iOS 6.1.2 after putting it in DFU mode and got stuck on the activation screen (probably because it wasn't unlocked). I tried it with an old T-Mobile sim card and even got a new one from them for free just a week ago.

I got it unlocked last night from the mod on here through ideviceguys. The phone still won't activate. I've restored it multiple times and tried it on a different computer.
    What else can I try?

Thanks in advance.
    iOS 6.1.2

Most likely the iPhone is locked to AT&T. So, if you can get an AT&T SIM (old or new), Cingular, StraightTalk then you can use it to unlock. Also, you can borrow any of those SIM from others. Good luck

If you feel it is Unlocked then your T-Mobile SIM should work for activating

Default No luck yet
    I haven't had any luck yet but going to try a different sim card. Yes, it should be unlocked, after all, I paid for it.