Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Couple of questions. please

Default Couple of questions. please
    1) Hi I have a iphone 3gs 8gb the baseband is 05.16.08 is this unlockable via redsn0w?

2) if Q1 the answer is no, can I install ipad baseband on my phone serial starting QR1227

Thanks for your time and thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by PhaseCoder View Post
    1) Hi I have a iphone 3gs 8gb the baseband is 05.16.08 is this unlockable via redsn0w?

2) if Q1 the answer is no, can I install ipad baseband on my phone serial starting QR1227

Thanks for your time and thanks in advance
    The answer to (1) is no. I don't know about (2), but have you considered buying a factory unlock? I bought mine off ebay for $4 and it worked like a charm. Much easier than relying on the constant jailbreak and lagging ultrasn0w scene.

Quote Originally Posted by RochOAR View Post
    The answer to (1) is no. I don't know about (2), but have you considered buying a factory unlock? I bought mine off ebay for $4 and it worked like a charm. Much easier than relying on the constant jailbreak and lagging ultrasn0w scene.
    im on o2 uk and it costs 40, you still did not give me a yes or no about number 2? will i corrupt my base band?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi, O2 UK will unlock it for free if you are on contract and have had an O2 sim in it for more than 24hours and been with them for 3 months.
    If you are on Pay as you go, then it will cost you a 15 top up before you request it.
    Last edited by DC_Dave; 02-26-2013 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Dave View Post
    Hi, O2 UK will unlock it for free if you are on contract and have had an O2 sim in it for more than 24hours and been with them for 3 months.
    If you are on Pay as you go, then it will cost you a 15 top up before you request it.
    Hi dave thas the thing I am not on 02 and nor do i want to be.

Can anyone please answer my question about my serial? am i correct to say that my phone was made in 2011 and the 22nd week?
    so that would make me in the clear to install ipad baseband and then downgrade it to unlock my phone?

Thanks

Thanks

Hi, this Dev Team post explains the serial number issue

Dev-Team Blog - 0615 fun

I really do not understand it?

This is how my serial starts QR1227

thanks

Thanks

Hi, from...

For those who are wondering if you can update your 3G or 3GS to 06.15 solely for the purposes of downgrading to 05.13.04, the answer is “yes” for 3G owners, and “maybe” for 3GS owners. The iPad baseband is not compatible with 3GS units manufactured week 34 of 2011 or later. If you have an iPhone3GS and if digits 3-5 of its Serial Number are 134 or later (xx134…), then you should NOT try to install the 06.15 baseband on your 3GS! It will brick your radio, preventing both the downgrade from working and normal iPhone software from using it as a phone! Be warned!

Yours is xx122 so I read it as being week 22 of 2011 so you should be ok.

so that would make me in the clear to install ipad baseband

Thanks

Hi, it looks like it to me. I think that the 06.15 baseband caused problems with GPS so that is why you upgrade to 6.15 first and then back down to 05.13.04

Serial number starts with QR means it's a refurbish iPhone from Apple. You can't use the first 5 digits to determine the bootrom line an original iPhone. Be extremely careful about using Redsn0w to change baseband. If it's a newer model with a Toshiba chipset, you will wipe out the baseband info and render it useless as a phone (can only use it as an iPod).

iH8sn0w has iDetector to verify if the baseband is flashable or not ... You can check out his blog at:

iH8sn0w.com

Good luck

Don't try, you will brick your iPhone. As it's 3GS 8GB model (must be newer than required models).
    Contact me to "factory unlock" any iPhone!