Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Activating Iphone 4 after factory unlock.

Default Activating Iphone 4 after factory unlock.
    Went to iDeviceguys, paid, received an email saying my phone was unlocked, restored, inserted new T-mobile sim card and I am getting "Only compatible SIM cards may be used to activate iPhone...blah blah". What, if anything am I doing wrong? Is it not unlocked? Any advice will help. I am new to this and very well could be doing something wrong. It seems straight forward, but maybe not? Thank you guys.

Iphone 4

Quote Originally Posted by Walkyier View Post
    Went to iDeviceguys, paid, received an email saying my phone was unlocked, restored, inserted new T-mobile sim card and I am getting "Only compatible SIM cards may be used to activate iPhone...blah blah". What, if anything am I doing wrong? Is it not unlocked? Any advice will help. I am new to this and very well could be doing something wrong. It seems straight forward, but maybe not? Thank you guys.

Iphone 4
    If I remember correctly I left my att sim in when did the restore on my daughters iPhone 4. Once the restore was completed iTunes gave me the congratulations your iPhone has been unlock. The you can put what ever sim card you want into your phone.

When I got up this morning I gave it another go, left the att sim in, restored and afterwards I got the "Congratulations" message. Maybe the unlock didn't go through until later after I received the initial email? idk. It's done now and that's what matters.

I do believe I had left the ATT SIM in during a couple of my numerous restore attempts. But I could be wrong. Thank you for your response, Dna!