+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlock Iphone 3GS problem

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi, I have an iphone 3GS locked to orange. its on version 6.1 and running firmware 05.13.04. Can I unlock this? It is jailbroken using evasi0n. it works ok. i
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Unlock Iphone 3GS problem
    Hi, I have an iphone 3GS locked to orange. its on version 6.1 and running firmware 05.13.04.
    Can I unlock this? It is jailbroken using evasi0n. it works ok. i am gettin the 'no sim inserted' message.
    I tried ultrasn0w but it wont install. Any ideas?
    Thanks

Thanks

Yes, it should be unlockable with ultrasn0w 1.2.8 (with no additional packages necessary).

Would you please elaborate on "[ultrasn0w] won't install[?]" Any error messages, odd behavior in Cydia on the device, etc.? Telling us more about what you're experiencing may help solve the problem more quickly.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

sorry i got an error message saying 'file size error'. I then installed the fix for it and it allowed my to install ultrasn0w fully. I restarted the phone and i am still getting the 'no sim inserted' message.

I got a new sim and activated in another phone just in case that was a problem but it works fine in the other phone.
    Last edited by olimoh; 02-12-2013 at 02:32 PM.