Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocking a CDMA iPhone 4S that is not on Verizon or Sprint

Default Unlocking a CDMA iPhone 4S that is not on Verizon or Sprint
    I am looking for some help on an unlocking problem I am having. I have an iPhone 4S that is a CDMA model issued for Bluegrass Cellular. I have updated to 6.0.1 and am using a GPP sim tray to unlock. I have also jailbroke the phone using Evasi0n. By choosig the Verizon option (Bluegrass Cellular is not an option) on the GPP tray, I got the phone to work with my T-Mobile sim card. The weird thing was it would allow calls while showing "no service". I used ifunbox to access the files and deleted the carrier bundle folders that referenced Bluegrass Cellular (there were a few of them). Now the phone shows T-Mobile service, signal strength, can make/receive calls and texts, but can not make/receive MMS texts. The sim card is just a pay-as-you-go card to use for testing purposes (as I still need my standard sim in my 3GS phone). When I try and modify the APN settings on the "Cellular Data Network" tab in the Settings menu, it can not be done because the tab is not available.

I am at somewhat of a standstill now because I am not sure how to proceed. I am not sure if the pay-as-you-go sim card is the reason I don't have this tab option, or if I need to modify some carrier bundles or comm center files. I have done a bunch of searches with nothing that really addresses the issue I have.

Is there anyone out there with a more intimate knowledge of the iOS operating system that can direct me on how to resolve this last issue to having a fully functioning 4S phone?

Green Apple
    Thanks

only motherboard exchange. if you're from la i can help you.

I think this is related, the note at the bottom of the Gevey site:
    Apple N Berry | GEVEY

Seems to be the problem you're having. According to them, only iOS 5.0 and 5.0.1 can retain manually inputted settings, so if you've saved SHSH blobs for 5.0 or 5.0.1, you could always downgrade. Otherwise, yeah, a motherboard exchange would work or cheaper probably just to sell the phone and buy an unlocked or unlockable AT&T one.

You could also try a 3rd party MMS app. I don't know of any off the top of my head, but I've heard they exist.

Well the Gevey talks about losing your setting s everytime the phone is rebooted, but I can not even access the settings as it is not availabel to me.

That being said, I have the GPP unlock, which is a bit different then the Gevey, and is supposed to support MMS.