+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please help need to unlock sprint 4s to use in US

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Can someone please help me at least find a reputable and relatively quick unlock solution for this unlock.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Please help need to unlock sprint 4s to use in US
    Can someone please help me at least find a reputable and relatively quick unlock solution for this unlock.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

Have ya checked on eBay. Mod on the site unlocks phones but think mostly AT&T

Green Apple
    Thanks

Impossible!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

US carriers are blacklisted from Sprint and Verizon iPhone 4S even if you have it unlocked for use internationally. You need a SIM interposer like Gevey Ultra S, R-SIM, etc.

Only problem is in the case of the Gevey Ultra S, it only works with iOS 5.1.1 or older according to their site. I use an R-SIM III I bought from eBay for $4 shipped. Works perfectly, but I think it also is limited to iOS 5.1.1.
    There is one called GPP Turbo that claims to work with 6.0 and 6.0.1.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GnatGoSplat View Post
    US carriers are blacklisted from Sprint and Verizon iPhone 4S even if you have it unlocked for use internationally. You need a SIM interposer like Gevey Ultra S, R-SIM, etc.

Only problem is in the case of the Gevey Ultra S, it only works with iOS 5.1.1 or older according to their site. I use an R-SIM III I bought from eBay for $4 shipped. Works perfectly, but I think it also is limited to iOS 5.1.1.
    There is one called GPP Turbo that claims to work with 6.0 and 6.0.1.

Can anyone confirm or deny the statement in bold? If there isn't an unlock for Sprint iPhone 4s as of now, can anyone instill hope in the people that do have sprint phones that need unlocking. Is it ever going to be possible

Thanks

I have 2 sprint locked 4S phones running jailbroken 6.1.2 . I unlocked them using "New GPP" that I got from iphonerepairmiamibeach on ebay. They both now work on straight talk (AT&T) flawlessly.

They claim to work even if the phone is not jailbroken. But I have not tested that assertion.

I used tetherme to allow editing of the apn settings. And had to edit some carrier bundles to enable facetime and iMessage for the phone number. I mentioned my method around page 54 of the "how to check if you can unlock" sticky thread.
    Last edited by DirkSwizzler; 03-11-2013 at 02:31 PM. Reason: spelling error

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Nice. There is hope in life!! I have jail broken mine as well so I'm not worried to much about whether it works if not jail broken. I am however curious if it matters if the phone has a bad MEID #

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey, I use GPP 6.0, 6.0.1, 6.1, 6.1.2 on Verizon and Sprint i4S.

Let me know if you need any help. but IT WORKS!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I ordered the rsim 7 4 days ago because I am an idiot and didn't see the 7+
    Either way their site claims that the 7 supports unlock & activation on 6.1.2 so I should be ok.

Also instead of using ifunbox can't I just SSH and edit the bundles that way to solve the imessage and facetime issue?

Is a bad MEID going to prevent me from being able to activate my phone with AT&T or Straight Talk??

Last but certainly not least by any means, I am curious which sim card to get. Can I just go to AT&T and get one from them?? I'm going to assume that its pay month to month regardless where the sim comes from?

Hopefully with the answers to these questions I can be next to post a success story!!