+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone blacklisted. How do I unlock?

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
please help with iphone 4s unlock Hi Folks I would be so greatful if someone could help me with this issue or at least point me in the right direction.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone blacklisted. How do I unlock?
    please help with iphone 4s unlock
    Hi Folks

I would be so greatful if someone could help me with this issue or at least point me in the right direction.
    Im at the end of my tether with my iphone 4s. I bought it a few months ago and it was unlocked using a Gevey sim(imitation). The phone worked for a few weeks and then all of a sudded i could not make or receive calls, i kept getting call failed anytime i tried to make a call. After a bit of research i decided to pay to have the phone unlock through "myimeiunlocl.com". I sent them an email beforehand with the imei number just incase the phone was reported lost or stolen. They emailed me back saying that the phone was not reported lost or stolen so i went ahead and paid the 50 euro to get it unlocked. It was initially unlocked to O2 ireland, After unlock it would accept the sim card with no issue but i could not make or receive calls. Everything else on the phone worked perfect. As i could not get the phone working i brought it in to my local vodaphone shop and they were able to tell me that the phone was blacklisted. I then went an bought an original Gevey sim (ultra S) and followed the instructions, I get the message saying phone is unlocked using gevey sim but i am still unable to make or recive calls, i am on ios 6.01 and using baseband 3.0.04.

I would be greatful for anyhelp with this as iv put about 350 euro into this paper weight. Cheers

Thanks
    Thanked 15,053 Times in 6,933 Posts

Not sure there is anything you can do if the phone is blacklisted. What carrier blacklisted it?

Thanks
    Thanked 9,621 Times in 5,899 Posts

If the phone has been blacklisted, nothing much you can do.

\edit;, Simon is too quick.

Thanks

I guess you could try contacting the guy you bought it from.
    But chances are, they (or someone else, who the phone actually belonged to) reported it lost or stolen, sometime after you checked. Or maybe "myimeiunlock.com"'s info was wrong. Or something like that.

Only the original carrier can undo a blacklist- and they are extremely unlikely to do that unless the reason it was blocked gets resolved. Which could only come from the original owner. Which might be difficult.

Green Apple
    Thanks

hey, pm me. i'll try to help you.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi Folks
    Thanks for the replies.
    Hi Shaul i will pm u.
    Thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Can you pm me aswell please, i have the exact problem with my blacklisted iphone as stated above. Mine was an unpaid contract from the guy i bought it off.

Green Apple
    Thanks

there's nothing you can do if the iphone is black-listed (as far as i know). but you can always change the motherboard...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Try the R-SIM8 ..... Those Turbo simcards sometimes helpful

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for replies

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi guys,

I have the exact same problem. I live in Australia and when i was at home in Ireland for Christmas I bought an unlocked iPhone 4 from DoneDeal.ie. It worked perfectly until a few weeks ago when it stopped making/receiving calls or messages. I rang Vodafone AU and they told me the phone had been reported lost in January. I was unable to find out if it was reported lost in Ireland or Australia. I contacted the guy i bought it off and he assured me that the phone was not stolen/lost and that he buys broken iPhones from Apple and refurbishes them. Is there anything i can do? How can i find out who/where the phone was blacklisted?? Thanks in advance!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey i have an iPhone 4 that unlocked but blacklisted at the same time will it work

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@shaul_eini

Im having a similar problem, pm me

Toasty Troll
    Thanks
    Pretty sure there's a way to "clean" a blacklisted phone, I've seen it before for aT&T and Verizon, probably means changing it to whitelisted.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bcfc4life View Post
    Can you pm me aswell please, i have the exact problem with my blacklisted iphone as stated above. Mine was an unpaid contract from the guy i bought it off.
    hello
    can u please help me .i buy iphone 4 but unlucky phone is blacklisted..

hello can u pla help me.i buy iphone4 but its blacklisted..