+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Factory unlock for iPhone 4 on 3 Ireland network

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi All, Can anybody help me. I have an iPhone 4 locked on the 3 Ireland network. I'm using a gevey sim on iOS 4.3.4. BB 4.10.01. I've been told
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Factory unlock for iPhone 4 on 3 Ireland network
    Hi All,
    Can anybody help me. I have an iPhone 4 locked on the 3 Ireland network. I'm using a gevey sim on iOS 4.3.4. BB 4.10.01. I've been told that I can't update my OS as the gevey won't work if I do. I've tried a couple of sites and they can't seem to unlock 3 Ireland network. Does anyone know who can?? Thanks. Podge

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I have being giving this some thought. It seems that it is impossible to get 3 Ireland network unlocked. If I was to replace the motherboard with a new one would this give me a new imei unlocked ?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Applenberry.com shows it can unlock Ireland locked iPhone for $39 U.S. But verify that they can unlock the 3 Ireland network before paying for the service. here is the link:

Apple N Berry | iPhone IMEI Unlock

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hi hcgaloi, Thank you for your reply, on checking the link you supplied they only unlock O2 and Vodafone in Ireland. This seems to be the case with everyone. Which brings me back to the question, if I was to replace the motherboard would I have a new imei and be unlocked. It's so frustrating that I cannot upgrade a lot of my apps.

Thanks again for your input. Podge

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Yes, if you replace the motherboard, you will get different IMEI, serial #, etc... Because you can only get used motherboard replacement, make sure that it's either factory unlock or it's locked to a carrier that you can pay for an IMEI unlock. Note that if any seller tell you the motherboard is OEM, they are either lying or they get it illegally. Good luck.