+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 ios 6.0.1 unlock

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I recently bought an iPhone 4 of ebay for myself. I live in canada though, so sorry if this is a bit diferent. It was locked to rogers(carrier), and i
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default iPhone 4 ios 6.0.1 unlock
    I recently bought an iPhone 4 of ebay for myself. I live in canada though, so sorry if this is a bit diferent. It was locked to rogers(carrier), and i needed it unlocked for a different carrier. I don't want to spend money on an imei unlock, so i needed a way to get it unocked through software. I do know that there is no untethered jailbreak currently for ios 6.0.1, but when there is, is there a method that you guys would know would work? I would greatly appreciate any information you guys could give me. Also, Do you know if ultrasn0w is being updated for 6.0.1. Thanks so much guys

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I also have an iPhone 5 with iOS 6 and I don't really know how to unlock it. I've heard of untrasnow and other websites but they seem hard to use. is this service alright to use?

Thanks

Ultrasn0w is a simple application you can get once jailbroken. The problem is that it dosen't support ios 6.0.1 yet. Nor is there an utethered jalbreak for ios 6 either. I am asking if anyone knows if ultrasn0w will be updated to support the latest version of ios.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

help also needed here could anyone sort out this problem any help would be much appreciated.....

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shadowsythe456732 View Post
    Ultrasn0w is a simple application you can get once jailbroken. The problem is that it dosen't support ios 6.0.1 yet. Nor is there an utethered jalbreak for ios 6 either. I am asking if anyone knows if ultrasn0w will be updated to support the latest version of ios.
    Due to the new illegal unlock stuff kinda hard to say.

My iPhone is a Part of Me bbrks's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shadowsythe456732 View Post
    What firmware are you on ?

Thanks

Ios 6.0.1,thanks for any help

Thanks

I'm extremely frustrated! I'm quite desperate atm because this phone was a gift to a friend of mine, and she has to use it on a day to day basis. Her other blackberry broke, and she can't afford to buy a temporary phone to use! I have looked online for any rogers imei unlocks but they are all over 100 dollars! Which is way to expensive! The baseband she is on is 04.12.02 and on firmware version 6.0.1. Please, can anyone tell me if there is a method to unlock this phone. At all? That's under 50 dolllars please! I need this very very badly! I'm sorry if this is becoming annoying but i know this forum to be great when it comes to all things apple. Thank you very much!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Due to the new illegal unlock stuff kinda hard to say.
    I doubt Canadian law follows the arbitrations of the U.S. LoC.
    If they can find a Canadian company to negotiate an unlock through Rogers' (Canadian) db
    I really can't see "illegal" about it.

For a US based service, unlocking a new Canadian phone might be problematic.
    Last edited by raduga; 02-03-2013 at 08:44 PM.

Thanks

I forgot to mention, i talked to rogers because i heard the carrier themselves do unlocks, so long as the phone has been fully paid for. Turns out the person i bought it from had not completed the contract, and so i could not unlock it. I was considering it because it was a 50 dollar fee. I did call rogers and talked to them for over an hour to get this information though. Is there any other method? Or is there any new updates to ultrasn0w or current unlock methods that will work for this phone? Thank you for the help!
    Last edited by shadowsythe456732; 02-03-2013 at 08:49 PM.