+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 4 never activated need help please......

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Bought a new iphone 4 off craigs list, my luck as usual its under contract and Verizon said I could not add it to My account. Its never been used
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Iphone 4 never activated need help please......
    Bought a new iphone 4 off craigs list, my luck as usual its under contract and Verizon said I could not add it to My account. Its never been used as a cellphone, (never activated). Is there anything that I could do to use it other than a ipod? Its brand new with the box, so if I have to, ipod is not to bad, but I would like to use the cell part if at all possible.
    Very new to cell mods and would like to thank all in advance for any replies. I cant understand how Verizon can let phones go out the door unactivated.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by danbow View Post
    Bought a new iphone 4 off craigs list, my luck as usual its under contract and Verizon said I could not add it to My account. Its never been used as a cellphone, (never activated). Is there anything that I could do to use it other than a ipod? Its brand new with the box, so if I have to, ipod is not to bad, but I would like to use the cell part if at all possible.
    Very new to cell mods and would like to thank all in advance for any replies. I cant understand how Verizon can let phones go out the door unactivated.
    I'm confused--how is it both "new in box" and "under contract" at the same time?

Anyway, if VZW won't activate it (either because they have it under someone else's contract, or it was never activated and they still have it as inventory, or it was less than legally acquired by its original owner), you're pretty much fresh out of luck, since that model of iPhone 4 can only be used on its original CDMA network.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Orby For This Useful Post:

danbow (01-20-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Your confused, I still cant tell why Verizon would let a new phone out without activation, they said it was under contract to another customer, then tried to get me to sign a new 2 yr contract for a iphone5 which I was not interested in. they said it is not stolen but would not give any more info. Hey a new ipod costs about $200 bux, I have less than that in this so its not a complete loss at all, thing does good pics and video so now I have 2 ipods LOL.