+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 4s 5.0.1 / 1.0.13 unlock - roshan/q-tel

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have a jailbroken 4s from AT&T with iOS 5.0.1 and modem firmware/baseband 1.0.13. I woulld like to use this on the roshan network in Afghanistan and the q-tel network
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question 4s 5.0.1 / 1.0.13 unlock - roshan/q-tel
    I have a jailbroken 4s from AT&T with iOS 5.0.1 and modem firmware/baseband 1.0.13. I woulld like to use this on the roshan network in Afghanistan and the q-tel network in Qatar. Currently I use a crappy $20 Nokia I was provided but I have the right size SIM for each carrier.

I was unable to use ultrasn0w from cydia and my attempt at SAM unlock left me plain confused. Also, I saw the eBay seller's store was frozen/paused and read eBay is really cracking down on their specific method to unlock.

A kiosk in Qatar wanted $100 and 48 hours to unlock my 4s while I was there but I'm hoping I can find a way to do it myself. I've used the jailbreak exploits since my first 3G but I have never tried to unlock.

What is my best course of action?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

0426 (01-18-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

both blocked at work......figures

Thank you for the sites, I'll have to check them out from my overpriced and crappy barracks wifi. Do they require upgrading to the latest iOS and loosing my jailbreak and settings?

Thanks
    Thanked 15,228 Times in 6,987 Posts

Nope, you dont have to restore or lose your jailbreak for the unlock to work. Just put a sim in other than ATT and it will activate fine over wifi or with itunes, no restore needed. You can PM cowboy if you want to get it done sooner (he is a moderator here), the ideviceguys site is his.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

0426 (01-18-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

excellent! just paid my $15....hope to ditch this nokia real soon.