Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Factory unlock can't restore

Default Factory unlock can't restore
    So I got AT&T to unlock my iPhone 4. I followed all the steps. Backed up phone restored and it was done but now I can't get my back up to put any of my apps back on. How do I get everything back to the way it was before I restored to the unlock???? Please anyone.

Where and how did you make backup before you restored the phone?

iTunes before I did anything I plugged into my laptop and backed up. Followed all other instructions just like they said. I have all phone numbers and previous text but nothing else.

You have to authorize the computer to use your iTunes account before the back up and set up the computer to sync the apps manually. Your prob **** out of luck but you can redownload all your apps for free.

I was gonna say I done all that and still nothing. I think I prob screwed up cause the day before I upgraded to the new iTunes. Just looked a few min ago and there isn't anything on my iTunes at all anymore. What would cause that?

Not sure you just have to make sure you have it set to sync apps at the time f the back up, maybe your update unchecked that setting, it's such a pain to download all the apps again. It always takes me forever to remember what I had.

There is the purchased tab in iTunes but it just sux that it isn't set up the way that I had it. Everything is all different.

I cant remember what version of itunes I had but but there was some iphones I back up, and on certain backups only a couple of the apps were restored, I am thinking it had to do something with the itunes version, not sure why only a couple apps had been restore. Upgraded itunes and havent had that problem anymore.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by burkorobe View Post
    I have all phone numbers and previous text but nothing else.
    Okay, I'm assuming you're on iOS 5 or 6 with this idea, and your backup is in iCloud.

If your backup is in iCloud, you can "Reset all Data and Settings," then set up your iPhone (on the iPhone itself), restoring from iCloud backup. That should get your icon layout exactly the way you had it after it re-downloads all your apps on the device...