Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
01-03-2013, 03:23 PM #1Question about Factory Unlocked iPhone
I am looking at purchasing a used "Factory Unlocked" iphone 4 or 4S for t-Mobile and I have a few questions.
1) How can you tell the phone has been "factory unlocked" versus jailbroken/unlocked?
2) If I purchase a used phone, can I "reset" the phone so that I can sync it to my itunes and still keep the factory unlock?
3) Can you use the 3G/4G speeds on an Factory Unlocked for t-mobile?
4) Any downfalls to a factory unlocked for t-mobile?
5) Any warning signs or negatives I should be aware of when purchasing a factory unlocked iphone 4 or 4S?
Thanks in advance.
01-03-2013, 03:29 PM #2
1) Put the IMEI in here to see if it is factory unlocked: iPhone IMEI Checker with SIMLock Status & Fast AT&T USA Iphone Unlock Service !
2) Yes, you can restore/update and keep your unlock
3) That depends on where you are, most t-mobile networks are still only 2G for iPhones but they have added more iPhone compatible 3G towers.
4) See #3
01-03-2013, 03:47 PM #3
Please only make one thread no need to make three of the same ones.
01-03-2013, 04:00 PM #4
According to T-Mo news, most major metro areas are receiving 3G as of the first of the year, adding more areas every week.
01-04-2013, 05:12 PM #5