Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 4 Verizon CDMA I upd to 5.0.1 now "iPhone is not Activated" keeps popping up

Question Iphone 4 Verizon CDMA I upd to 5.0.1 now "iPhone is not Activated" keeps popping up
    This phone is not used as a phone. I only use it to play games. Also there is no SIM Slot.

I originally had firmware 4.x.x . But some games required IOS 5, so I upgraded to 5.0.1. Now i'm stuck with this annoying message that pops up every 30 seconds "iPhone is not Activated"

I do not have any shsh to go back to a v4. Only shsh files I have are for 5.0.1, 5.1 B2,B3 & 6.0.1

IOS: 5.0.1 (91405)
    Baseband is: 1.0.05
    Carrier: Verizon 11.2
    Model: MC676LL

I tried creating a firmware with Sn0breeze but the HACKTIVATE was greyed out.
    I also tried Pwnage Tool 5.0.1 and activation was also greyed out.

I looked into using UltraSn0w but the lowest Baseband is 01.59.00.

I tried messing with that SAM program it kind of worked until the phone was rebooted. Then back to the popups.

Any ideas how I can get this thing activated again? Wishing I never upgraded to 5.0.1 now. .
    I was wondering if maybe I can change it over to Cricket, then just buy phone service for 1 month then cancel. Not sure if this would work and keep the activation.

Thanks.
    Last edited by hellfirepit; 01-03-2013 at 03:41 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

This may sound crazy but try to activate through iTunes and give bogus info, bad phone# etc. See if it works, a friend had the same issue with his CDMA iPhone4Pod and it worked. He did say iTunes threw an error and after that the phone quit asking for activation. Heck, worth a try.

To add you really want to dump 5.0.1 and run 5.1.1 then jailbreak it. Much more stable iOS with more app compatibility also.
    Just stay away from iOS 6.
    Last edited by HeliPilot; 01-05-2013 at 07:25 PM.

Whats really crazy is after I flashed it to 5.0.1 it acted like it Activated it. I don't remember it saying I must plug it into Itunes. But then a minute later it the msg popped up. When I plug into Itunes I only get an option to Register the phone to Itunes. I tried going through those steps until I got to the point where it wanted a credit card number. Then I cancelled it.

Yea I would have loved to go to the 5.1.1, but I do not have my SHSH file for it. I know a person who owns a Verizon store. I'm wondering if he can some how activate it for me. But the person I bought the phone from thinks it has a bad ESN.

Quote Originally Posted by HeliPilot View Post
    This may sound crazy but try to activate through iTunes and give bogus info, bad phone# etc. See if it works, a friend had the same issue with his CDMA iPhone4Pod and it worked. He did say iTunes through an error and after that the phone quit asking for activation. Heck, worth a try.

To add you really want to dump 5.0.1 and run 5.1.1 then jailbreak it. Much more stable iOS with more app compatibility also.
    Just stay away from iOS 6.
    Last edited by hellfirepit; 01-05-2013 at 11:56 AM.