+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: factory unlocking my iphone

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Ok,i have a problem.I am authorized for a factory unlock through at&t.got the email back and everything.I am jailbroken and on 5.01 firmware.I dont want to restore through itunes like
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default factory unlocking my iphone
    Ok,i have a problem.I am authorized for a factory unlock through at&t.got the email back and everything.I am jailbroken and on 5.01 firmware.I dont want to restore through itunes like it tells me to.I read that i can use redsnow but the problem is is that my home button dont work do i cant get into dfu mode to finish the unlock.Is there a way i can get this done?

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

Green Apple
    Thanks

yeah i read about that but i am already jailbroken and if i use this process its going to erase all my jailbroken apps.I dont want that.Anything else i can do?

2k1
    Thanks

Re-restore it?

What phone do ya have iphone 4 or later you can just downgrade after the restore to 6.0 4s you could do the re-restore.
    Last edited by 2k1; 01-03-2013 at 12:53 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

i have a 3gs

2k1
    Thanks

Then your good make sure ya have the shsh blobs for it and you can always downgrade back to 5.0

Green Apple
    Thanks

So i wont lose my jailbreak or my jailbroken apps?I dont really understand what you are wanting me to do?

2k1
    Thanks

You will lose ya jailbreak and everything ya update it. It will be like a brand new phone. Ya tweaks will stay the ones ya bought. But all the other ones you will have to download again.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

back up you jailbreak data using xbackup in cydia.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Ok,i keep getting error 37 when trying the method above.So i still cant get into DFU mode to jailbreak my phone.I had to do a normal restore in itunes,so it is unlocked now but i cant jailbreak it.On 6.0.1.How can i get rid of that error 37 so i can jailbreak?I have tried different methods that i have read about but no luck.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I am going through the steps from the link above.The dfu firmware that i made always ends up in error 37.Its not getting through the verification process i guess.So i cant get into dfu mode to jailbreak the phone.Its a 3gs new bootrom.I would rather not downgrade,dont even know if i can.Getting into DFU is the problem.I have all my blobs saved on cydia.I have tried opening firewalls and disabling antivirus,but its not working.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Home button is broke.That is the problem.

Thanks

Another way that works,
    Connect the phone to itunes and reboot it while it is still connected to itunes. Once the phone boots up it gets unlocked. I just turn off my phone by holding the power button then slide to power off. Then insert a T-mobile sim or any other sim other than AT&T. Open Itunes, connect my phone to my computer using the usb cord that came with the phone. The phone will be going to turn on. That's it! My phone is unlocked. Still Jailbroken on 5.1.1 baseband 04.12.01
    Last edited by jranders; 01-08-2013 at 06:07 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I wish i knew it was that easy before i updated.Now i'm stuck without a jailbreak i guess.

Thanks

Should check out that's where i find all my iphone info! Looks like i can't say that on here! Sorry!
    Last edited by 2k1; 01-10-2013 at 08:31 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Solution to complete factory unlock without restoring iphone....

1: Make sure your on the iphone home screen, insert a non att or non carrier sim card.
    2: Open up iTunes on your computer.
    3: Connect your iPhone to itunes via usb and wait for itunes to detect the phone.(you might get a message saying unable to activate or invalid sim, thats ok.)
    4: Disconnect the iphone and wait 10seconds, Reconnect the iPhone and let Itunes detect it.(you might have to click ok here on the message that popped out saying it could not be activated.)
    5: You should receive a message from iTunes saying "congratulations your iphone is unlocked."

If you dont get the congrats message you will have to restore the phone to complete unlock, restoring the phone not always gives you a congrats message but its 100% guaranteed to complete the unlock.

For the iphone 4s and iPhone 5 its usually a matter of just inserting the non carrier sim card and waiting for the iphone to pick up a signal. Should work without restoring.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

your phone can still be jailbroken (although it will be tethered) I seen in a previous post that your trying yo jailbreak 6.0.1, if you dont have saved shsh blobs then you cant jailbreak 6.0.1 and you will get itunes error or if you have the saved shsh but did not create a stitched ipsw you will get itunes error. you could jailbreak 6.0.2 also tethered and should not get that error as apple is still signing 6.0.2.